With the MailChimp extension for Zoho Recruit, you can now synchronize your Campaigns and Subscribers in MailChimp with Zoho Recruit.
You also have the option of two-way synchronization, so you can choose whether you want to move data only from MailChimp to Zoho Recruit or both ways. All of your contacts and candidates will be imported based on your mapping settings, and your campaigns will be imported into the Zoho Recruit campaigns module automatically.
You can install the MailChimp extension either from Zoho Marketplace or from within your Zoho Recruit account.
To install MailChimp extension:
- Click Settings > Setup > Marketplace > All. All the installed extensions are listed.
- Under All Extensions, you can view all the extensions supported by your ATS.
- Click All Extensions, browse for MailChimp, and click it. The details about the extension will be available.
- Click Install Now.
- Agree to the terms of service and click Continue to Install.
Choose one of the following and click Confirm.
- Install for admin only - The extension will be installed in Zoho Recruit for only the users with the administrator profile.
- Install for all users - The extension will be installed in Zoho Recruit for all the users. Users need to have a MailChimp account to use this feature.
- Choose profiles - The extension will be installed in Zoho Recruit for all the users with a particular profile. To use this option, click Continue and then select the desired profiles.
- Click Authorize. (Note: If you skip this step, you can authorize later from your Settings page. To do so, click Settings, then Setup, then Marketplace, then Marketplace. Open the MailChimp extension details page and click Authorize).
- In the new tab emerged, enter the email and password for your MailChimp account and click Log In.
Synchronize MailChimp Data
Synchronize your MailChimp data with Zoho Recruit, and vice versa, using this extension. You can choose the direction of the sync, select whether to import everything or only specific contacts.
If you import your MailChimp campaigns and subscribers to Zoho Recruit, you can view and manage them under the Campaigns tab. If you import Zoho Recruit contacts to MailChimp, you can view and manage them under the Zoho Recruit Contacts list.
To configure your Sync Settings:
- Go the MailChimp module and click the Settings tab.
- Choose either Bulk or Selective Sync. Bulk sync imports all of your contacts or candidates, while selective sync allows you to choose particular contact lists to import.
- If you choose selective sync, check the boxes next to the lists you want to import. The selected lists will be added to a custom module called MailChimp Lists and their contacts will be viewed in the respective lists.
Select One-way or Both-ways sync. One-way sync brings MailChimp contacts into your Zoho Recruit modules or vice versa, but not both. Both-ways sync simultaneously moves Zoho Recruit data into MailChimp and MailChimp data into Zoho Recruit.
- One way: Choose if you want to move data from MailChimp to Zoho Recruit or otherwise.
- Both Ways: Choose your preference in case of data duplication. If Zoho Recruit Always wins is chosen, new MailChimp records that are already existing in Zoho Recruit do not synchronize, hence preventing MailChimp data to overwrite existing Recruit records.
- If you've enabled scheduled sync, choose whether you want it to occur daily or weekly.
- Click Sync.
- In the Mappings section, select where you want the MailChimp data to be housed in Recruit. Choose the module to which MailChimp subscribers must be stored in.
Select the custom view for the selected module.
You can even map the fields of Zoho Recruit and Mailchimp. This helps to organise your data better.
- Click Save.
In the MailChimp Lists module, you can view all the lists as well as add any new contacts. Contacts in these lists are mapped to Zoho Recruit contacts/candidates, with their corresponding MailChimp list as their source, for easy viewing.
After synchronization is done, this is how corresponding fields are mapped:
||Zoho Recruit fields
||Campaign Start Date
|Campaign Archive URL
||MailChimp Preview URL
|Default From email address (list)
||MailChimp Contact created by
The MailChimp contacts will be added to the Contacts or candidates module. These records will have a candidate source value of 'MailChimp'.
Note: When already existing contacts or candidates, and campaigns present in Zoho Recruit are synced from MailChimp, the respective contacts, candidates, and campaigns get updated. New entries are created only when no matching records are found.
You can also choose data to sync from within your contact lists in Zoho Recruit.
- To synchronize selected ATS data to a mailing list:
- Open your Candidates or Contacts module in Zoho Recruit.
- Check the box next to each candidate or contact to be synced.
- Click Add Contact to MailChimp List.
- Select the MailChimp list to which you want to sync the selected entries.
If you uninstall the MailChimp extension, MailChimp List data that has been synced to Zoho Recruit will be permanently deleted along with the custom fields like Candidate Source, MailChimp ID, MailChimp Preview URL, etc.
Contacts and Candidates that have been synced to Zoho Recruit will remain intact. Before uninstalling, please make sure you have synced all of the data you want to keep; deleted data cannot be recovered.
To uninstall the extension:
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > All. All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions, you can view all the extensions supported in your ATS.
- Browse for MailChimp and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm and uninstall the extension.