There are multiple ways for creating candidate records in Zoho Recruit, namely;
- Entering data in the candidate details form: You can manually fill in the Candidate details gathered from various external sources, e.g. trade shows, exhibitions, colleagues, business cards, etc.
- Importing candidates from external sources: You can gather data through various sources, e.g. purchasing a candidates' database, candidates from different business units, etc. and import the CSV and XLS files into Zoho Recruit.
- Capturing candidates from the website: You can create web forms and allow website visitors to submit their contact details or questions directly through forms. These details submitted in the website are captured directly in the Candidates module.
- Some of the standard fields may not be visible or editable depending on your organization's business process.
- In case you want to add or modify fields or would like to know more details on the usage of fields, please contact your System Administrator.
Create Candidate Records Individually
You can create candidate records manually by entering the details in the candidate form. For instance: While traveling you met a person who showed some interest in your job opening or company. You gave the candidate business cards and assured them you would contact him or her again with more details about the job. The next day, you create a candidate record manually with the available details and contact the person. In such cases, it is easy to manually enter in the available details and create a candidate record instantly.
You can create a candidate record individually by using the following:
- Filling in the details in the candidate creation form.
- Cloning the candidate with a few changes in the existing record.
- By default, the person who creates the candidate record is its assigned owner.
- To change the record owner, click the Change link in the Candidate Owner field from the Candidate Details page and select another user.
To create candidate records individually
- In the Candidates module, click on the Add (+) button .
- In the Create Candidate page, enter the candidate details.
- Click on Save.
To clone candidates
- In the Candidates tab, click a particular candidate that is to be cloned.
- In the Candidate Details page, click the More icon.
- Click on Clone.
- In the Clone Candidate page, modify the required details.
- Click Save.
After collecting the candidate details in your Recruit account, the next stage is candidate qualification. With further negotiations or follow up, the candidate can be qualified into a business opportunity. In this stage, the focus is on evaluating candidates based on their interest and readiness to be promoted to sales.
Following are some of the methods for candidates qualification:
- Phone Call: A direct and quick follow up method after the candidate generation to initiate further discussion on the hiring process.
- Direct Mail: A traditional approach of delivering materials such as advertising circulars, brochures, catalogs, and other commercial materials through postal mail.
- Email: Send email communications to enhance business relationships if the email addresses are captured during the candidate generation process. This enables a quicker method to send specific or mass mailings to qualifying candidates.
- Meeting: A one-to-one personal meeting or a scheduled online meeting provides a good approach for further development towards the next stage.
- Documents: The process of exchanging documents to understand the prospective business, enabling clarity of expectation and understanding to provide business solutions.
- Notes: Notes in the form of remarks or comments included during the follow-up sessions that act as a record of the previous follow-ups during the qualifying stage.
Associate Candidates with Other Records
As a qualification of candidates is the focus, associating various records with the candidates is the next step. You may need to associate candidates with other records until the candidate reaches a certain stage where it can be converted to Job Opening as per your organization's hiring process.
In the Candidate Details page, you can associate the following:
- Open Activities: To add tasks and events (meetings and calls).
- Closed Activities: To archive closed activities.
- Attachments & Notes: To attach documents and notes.
- Mails: To send e-mail messages to the selected candidate.
- Campaigns: To associate many campaigns to a single candidate.
- Social Interactions: To view the Twitter and Facebook interactions associated with the candidate and send messages, like posts, retweet, etc.
To access Candidates related lists
- Click the Candidates module.
- Click the desired record.
- In the Candidate's details page, under Related List section, click on the required related list name to navigate to the corresponding section.
- You can add a new related list by clicking on the Add (pen) icon beside Related List. You can add new items to existing related lists by clicking on the add icon that appears when you hover your mouse over a related list's name.
Access More Candidate Options
You can access more candidate options by clicking on the More icon in the Candidate's Details page.