As a recruiter, it is essential to make a good impression in terms of accommodating candidates. You can use essential recruiter-candidate relationship processes to improve your candidate interactions and increase your ability to tap into highly qualified talent pools for future job openings.
Provide your candidates with a portal to apply, track their application, and ultimately land their dream job.
How do I enable the candidate portal?
To enable the candidate portal, you first need to set up your domain from Portal (link). Once it is set up, you can enable your candidate portal.
- Navigate to Setup > Portal Setup > Candidate Portal and toggle the button on.
- You can customize the email templates that are sent to candidates when they create an account, or reset their password.
- Click on a Email Notification template to edit, preview and save it.
Inviting candidates to your portal
Invite candidates to your portal by sending invitations to single or multiple candidates at a time.
To invite a single candidate
- Go to the Candidates module and choose a candidate record.
- Click more settings and click Invite Candidate.
- The candidate will then receive the invite via email. The email contain the URL to your candidate portal.
Note: If the email is not valid the invitation will not be sent.
To invite multiple candidates
- Go to the Candidates module and multi-select the required candidate records.
- Click more settings and click Mass Invite.
- The candidates will then receive the invite via email.
Customize Your Candidate Portal
Make a candidate portal that reflects your company's values and culture and make it engaging and easy for your candidates to use.
Some benefits of the candidate portal are:
- Reduce the time you spend looking through resumes manually
- Hire better candidates faster
- Streamline your hiring process
To customize your candidate portal
- Navigate to Settings > Portal Setup > Candidate Portal. Click Customize.
- In the customization page, the Header side tab allows you to add background images to your Candidate Portal. Upload your company's logo and favicon to customize the branding of the candidate portal. You can either upload your own image or choose any of the default images.
Note: Maximum image size is 1 MB. For best results, use 1920px wide by 1080px tall.
- Under Appearance, you can customize the color scheme of the candidate portal to match your organization's branding. Select your brand color either from the default color picker or using a hex code. You can also choose a font of your preference.
- Under Form Settings, you can choose the fields for the Register form and Profile Form. The Register Form contains the basic fields that are required for the candidate profile creation. A maximum of 20 additional fields can be selected.
- The Profile Form contains fields for any additional information of the candidate. A maximum of 50 additional fields can be selected.
- The Tab Settings lets you enable or disable the Applications and Saved Jobs option inside the portal.
- You can assign an owner for the portal under settings.
- After customizing your candidate portal, click Save.
- You can preview the candidate portal to check the changes.
- Click Publish to publish your candidate portal.
Since Zoho Recruit complies with GDPR, you can enable candidate consent. If candidates give their consent for data processing, you can retain their information for hiring purposes. To enable a consent form in the candidate portal, you will need to enable GDPR settings in your account.
To enable GDPR compliance, navigate to Setup > Compliance > GDPR. Click Enable.
To enable the candidate consent in the Candidate Portal
- Go to the Candidates module and open a candidate record.
- Select Data Privacy in the Info section on the left panel.
- Click Applicable and select Consent in the Data Processing Basis dropdown box.
- Click Done to enable candidate consent.
- You can enable candidate consent for multiple candidates by selecting the required candidates or all candidates, clicking on the More Actions button, and then selecting Update Data Processing Basis.
- Select Consent in the dropdown list box and click Done.
To learn more about GDPR compliance, click here