Semantic Search uses a matching algorithm to filter or shortlist the most relevant candidates for a job opening, saving you the time spent searching manually.
How does Semantic Search work?
In the Job Openings module, Semantic Search finds candidates with relevant skills that match the job description. In the Candidates module, it suggests job openings that are the best fit for the skills on the resumes.
To use Semantic Search in the Job Openings module:
- Open a Job Openings detail page and click Actions.
- Select Find Matching Candidates.
- You will be taken to the list of matching candidates for that particular job opening.
- Select the candidates and click Associate
- In the Associate Job Opening page, select the Candidate Status, add your comments, and click Associate.
You will then be taken to a whole list of available candidates matching the job description.
Refine your candidate search
You may sometimes want to use a more refined filtered search for candidates in addition to searching for specific skills and location.
In the Candidates list page, Radius Search allows users to search for candidates within a specific distance of a zip or postal code. For example, you can search for "All Candidates within 25 miles of zip code 77385" by entering the criteria in the Candidate Filter section.
Steps to apply Radius Search:
- Go to the Candidates module.
- In the Filter Candidates sidebar, select Located within. Enter the radius along with the zip code.
- Click Apply Filter.
When you click Apply Filter, the system will return all candidates in the database who match the search condition.
For example, you could run a search for "All Candidates within 20 miles of zip code 27511" by entering the following on the Candidate Search screen. You can also combine the radius search with other conditions.