Action blocks are used to perform actions based on the visitor's needs and information collected so far in the flow.
The criteria router splits the conversation flow into various flows based on custom rules defined with the visitor's information.
- To add a Criteria router block to the bot's flow, click on the card holder (+) icon to view the blocks gallery and select the Criteria router block under the action blocks section.
- Now, give your block a name and click on Add a rule.
- Now, define a rule by entering the conditions in the search field or choose a rule based on the section header.
- You can add multiple rules to perform multiple complex routing based on your business requirements.
- After adding all the required rules, click Save.
- Once the block is configured, you can view all the flows based on the conditions specified in the criteria router block. In case if the visitors don't match any condition, then they will be diverted to the ' Not matched ' flow.
Example - Displaying offers based on different location criteria, in this case (Output), the visitor comes under Not matched flow .
The forward block can be used to hand over the bot conversations to an operator seamlessly.
- To forward the bot chats to operators, click on the card holder (+) icon to view the blocks gallery and select the Forward block under the action blocks section.
Example - Forwarding visitors to a sales department named Zylker to an operator Patricia.
This block can be used to jump from one flow to another. You can either re-use/restart a flow from there. There are two types of Go To blocks that you can add inside the Codeless Bot builder:
- Individual Card - to show the flow jump as a separate block
- Wire Connect - to show the flow jump by wire
- Click on the cardholder (+) icon to view the blocks gallery and select the Go To block under the action blocks section.
- Choose the type of Go To block - Individual Card or Wire Connect
- Specify the block name you want to go to. Once this block is activated, the flow will continue from the specified block.
- Click Save.
- The above is a reference for individual Card.
- The above is a reference for Wire Connect .
Note: The type of Go To block cannot be changed once the configuration is saved.
Example - When the visitor clicks on "Just browsing" the flow is redirected to another block (Block name: [Flow 1 - flow 2] to [Flow 2 - Suggestion])
The Autopilot block is available only for the Enterprise plan
The Autopilot block behaves like the Answer bot , it displays articles and FAQs based on the visitor's question.
- To add an Autopilot block to the bot's flow, click on the card holder (+) icon to view the blocks gallery and select the Autopilot block under the action blocks section.
- Give a name to your block and select the resource section to the Autopilot block. The bot will use these resources to answer visitor queries. You can either choose FAQs or Articles or both.
- You need to have a considerable amount of resources (FAQs, Articles) to improve the bot replies' efficiency. We recommend having a minimum of 50 resources in each category. The more the resources, the more powerful your bot will be.
- Next, select a Small talk package. Small talk is a collection of possible informal phrases that a visitor can send during a conversation and the corresponding responses that can be given by the bot. The default package will be selected by default but you can choose the package of your choice. Learn how to manage Small Talk packages.
If the bot knows the answer to a visitor query, it picks the right article or FAQ and displays it. This is called an Answer found case. In this section,
- Enter the Suggestion Prefix Text. This is the text that will be displayed above the article that the bot displays to the visitor.
- Followed by, click on Add action to add a follow-up action when the bot finds answers to the visitor's queries. You can add a maximum of three follow-up actions.
If the bot does not know the answer to a visitor query and does not find any matching articles or FAQs, it is an Answer not found case. In this section,
- Set up Fallback Text - the text that has to be displayed in the chat window when no FAQ or article matches the visitor's query.
- Followed by, click on Add action to add a follow-up action when the bot couldn't find answers. You can add a maximum of three follow-up actions.
- You can also configure the bot to display related resources. Click on the toggle to enable/disable Related Resource Suggestion . Now, enter the suggestion text to indicate when a related resource is shown.
- Finally, click on Save. The autopilot block will be added to the bot's flow.
The Autopilot block will exit only when the visitor selects follow up actions, until then the autopilot engine will continue.
The autopilot block will split the flow according to the follow-up action you have defined here.. Therefore you can add blocks and create flow based on your requirements. By default, there is a failure flow, this will be invoked when the autopilot bot engine fails. You can add blocks here to handle failure cases.
Example - Setting up autopilot block for support.
The associate tags block can be used to add tags to the ongoing conversation.
- To add tags, click on the card holder (+) icon to view the blocks gallery and select the Associate tags block under the action blocks section.
- Give a name to the card and choose the tags to add, and click on Save.
Note: Only conversational tags are listed here.
There are three possible flows upon the execution of the associate tags block:
- Success: To add blocks after the tag is associated successfully.
- Failure: To add blocks in case of tag association failure due to technical reasons.
- Misconfiguration: To add blocks if the associated tag is deleted.
Example - Adding a tag named "Lead" to the ongoing conversation.
- If the tag association is successfull, the respective tag ("Leads") can be seen in the conversations.
Plugs in the codeless bot builder help to perform customized action/third-party integrations. To build plugs, navigate to Settings > Developers > Plugs . Once the plug is built and published, you can use those in the codeless bot builder.
- Click on the card holder (+) icon to view the blocks gallery and select the Plugs block under the action blocks section.
- Give your block a name, and select the Plug you want to associate from the drop-down.
Note: Only published Plugs will be listed here
- Then, provide the context variables for plug's Input and Output fields.
- Click Save.
There are two possible flows upon the plug block is triggered. The flows can be used to:
- Success: To add blocks upon successful execution of the plug.
- Failure: To add blocks in case of plug failure. This can happen due to wrong usage/values or technical issues.
Example: Scheduling an appointment using Zoho Bookings.
Here, the name, email, phone, date & time are stored in the bot context and given as plug input. The output of the plug is stored in the bot context ( bookingid ), which can be used to display the booking ID to the visitor for their further reference.
The send email block allows the bot to send emails during the bot conversation. This can be used to send details of the ongoing bot conversation.
- To send emails during bot conversation, click on the card holder (+) icon to view the blocks gallery and select the Send Email block under the action blocks section.
- Enter the name, to address, and CC to send the mail to the required email address.
- Now, add the Subject and the mail body content . You can use dynamic text to notify the receiver about the ongoing conversation. Finally, click Save.
If files blocks are used to get files from the visitors, those files can be added as attachments to the email. For that, use the files block, save them in the bot context and choose that context variable here.
Note: Currently, custom files cannot be added as attachments.
There are two possible flows upon the execution of the Send email block:
- Success: To add blocks after the mail is sent successfully.
- Failure: To add blocks in case of failure due to technical reasons.
- Misconfiguration: To add blocks in case of the company email address is not available in the portal's email configuration.
Example - Sending an Order Confirmation mail to the customers who order using the Zobot.