Integrating WhatsApp business with your SalesIQ helps you handle all the chat conversations in your SalesIQ dashboard. Let your visitors contact you from the convenient channel, and your operators can handle the chat from their SalesIQ chat window without switching apps.
- You should hold a business manager account on Facebook. And make sure that the account is verified.
- A verified WhatsApp business account
- A prepaid line of credit for your WhatsApp business account
- A registered phone number to access the WhatsApp Business API
How to integrate a WhatsApp business account with SalesIQ?
- Login to SalesIQ, navigate Settings > Messaging Channels > WhatsApp and click Add .
- First, connect with your Facebook business account by clicking on the Add account.
Linking Facebook Account with SalesIQ
The Add account button will redirect you to the login page to link your Facebook and WhatsApp Business account.
- Click Continue to link your Facebook account with Zoho SalesIQ.
- Click Continue on the Connect your account to Zoho Corporation window.
- Select the Facebook Business account you wish to link, then click Continue .
- Select the WhatsApp Business account linked to your Facebook Business account, then click Continue.
- Click Continue to Step 2 to Create your WhatsApp Business Profile.
- Enter the WhatsApp Business Display Name that you will use to message customers and click Continue. (Make sure the display name meets the guidelines mentioned here.)
- Select your Business Category from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a brief description of your business.
The category and business description will both be visible to customers messaging your business.
- Click Continue to Step 3.
- Verify your WhatsApp Business Number
- Select an existing WhatsApp Business number or enter a new number to register.
Note : You cannot register a number actively registered to either WhatsApp Messenger or the WhatsApp Business App.
- Select a verification method of your choice. You can choose between Text Message or Voice Call .
- Click Send Code.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code received on your WhatsApp Business Phone Number in the following window. Click Verify . Click Ok in the confirmation page.
Connecting your WhatsApp account with Zoho SalesIQ
- Once you verify the WhatsApp business number with the Facebook login, you will be redirected to the SalesIQ - WhatsApp configuration page. Now, select the verified number in the Choose number drop-down.
- You will need credits to send/receive the message in the WhatsApp business account. Refer here for more details.
- Choose a department to associate with the WhatsApp business number.
- Finally, verify the configuration and click Done .
- The WhatsApp business account is now integrated with Zoho SalesIQ.
- Navigate to Settings > Messaging channels > WhatsApp, click on the brand, choose to Manage numbers, and tap Add Credits.
- Specify the number of credits you want to purchase. You will be charged 2 USD per credit and a value-added fee of 3% of the cost.
- Click Make Payment and make the payment. (Once paid , your credits will be topped up and will be reflected in the Available Credits section, and you can start sending messages.)
Note : WhatsApp charges are based on the country of the user you're messaging.
WhatsApp Business API Pricing Model
In WhatsApp's new 2022 pricing update, they are introducing a transparent and pay-as-you-use conversation-based pricing model. This model drills down the tedious payment process and makes it easier to pay per conversation instead of paying per message.
What is the conversation-based pricing model?
Businesses will now be charged per conversation instead of charging the customer for every message they send. Every conversation has a 24-hour messaging window where your customers can send unlimited messages.
What has changed?
What are the types of Conversations?
- User-Initiated Conversation
If a user sends a message and the business support agent responds to it, a conversation session is initiated, and the session is valid for 24 hours. Ex: Product-related queries.
- Business-Initiated Conversation
A conversation initiated by a business agent sends a message outside the 24-hour messaging window. Business-initiated conversations will require a message template to send messages. Ex: Purchase order notifications.
How does it work?
WhatsApp has switched from message-based pricing to a conversation-based pricing model. Businesses are charged per conversation, which will include all the messages in that 24-hour messaging window.
- The first 1000 conversations starting on the 1st of every month (business or user-initiated) will be free as per WhatsApp Guidelines. Any free conversations will not be carried forward to the following month if they are unused this month.
- Additional 3% fee is charged every time credits are purchased.
Please refer to the below table for the country-wise cost per conversation.
Country-wise Cost per Conversation in USD
What is the business impact?
Each WABA (inclusive of all the numbers registered with the account) gets only 1000 free conversations per month so that your business can build a good relationship with its customers before they have to pay and use the service. The free conversations can either be business-initiated or user-initiated.
How much does Zoho SalesIQ charge?
The first 1000 conversations are free. No credits are required to use these. Once the first 1000 conversation limit is used up, the user must purchase credits to resume sending messages.