The key to generating leads is sharing interesting content, keeping your audience engaged, and listening carefully to what people are saying about your brand on social media, because that's where you will find a large number of your customers.
If you have an interaction with someone who could be, or could become, a part of your business, it is a good idea to consider adding them as a lead. They could eventually be in your Connections list or, even better, a potential customer you wouldn't have found otherwise.
In the social media sphere, you will come across various opportunities to connect and build better relationships in order to make progress towards a sale.
To use the Lead Generation feature, you must have your Zoho Social account integrated with your Zoho CRM account (learn more
about Zoho CRM Integration with Zoho Social).
You can add the leads you generate either as CRM Leads or CRM Contacts:
- Leads are Connections who have provided their contact information and have the potential to be converted into CRM Contacts.
- Contacts are Leads that you have already contacted and have ongoing interactions with.
Lead generation can be performed either manually or automatically. You can also choose to combine both methods.
- Manual: Add people to Zoho CRM yourself using actions in Zoho Social.
- Automatic: Create a set of rules to convert people into CRM Contacts or CRM Leads based on certain triggering events.
Manual Lead Generation
- Hover over a Connection to display available actions.
- Click +Add to CRM.
- Choose either Associate to Existing or Add New.
- Select a Connection's social media profile to associate it with an existing profile in Zoho CRM.
- Choose Add New to create a new contact or lead.
Automatic Lead Generation
- Go to Settings in the top-right corner of the window.
- Click Brand Settings.
- Select the Lead Generation tab.
- Select a social channel using the tabs at the top of the window. The list of lead generation rules is organized into four columns: Social Action, Criteria, Add as, and Status.
- The Social Action column lists the various actions that might occur on a social channel, including likes, comments, tweets, mentions, +1s, and direct messages.
- The Criteria column contains detailed rules about which actions will trigger Zoho Social to add a Connection as a Lead or a Contact. You can add specific keywords to any rule by clicking +Add Keyword.
- Use the Add as column to select whether to add Connections to CRM as Contacts or Leads.
- The toggle switch in the Status column allows you to turn each rule on or off. Green indicates the rule is active, and gray indicates it is inactive.
Facebook Page and Twitter Profile have specific social actions that you can use to generate leads.
Only Facebook and Twitter are compatible with Lead Generation at this time. LinkedIn and Instagram are not yet available for Zoho CRM due to API limitations.
Only Brand Admins and Portal Admins can set up automatic Lead Generation for each individual social channel.