If you want to migrate your data from Google Drive (personal edition) to Zoho WorkDrive, you can consider using
) to download your data, then upload the data to WorkDrive.
- We do not provide any built-in migration tool for migrating your personal Google Drive data to WorkDrive.
- If you want to migrate your team or organization's data from G Suite, Dropbox Business, or OneDrive (Microsoft 365 Business Standard plan) to Zoho WorkDrive, please raise a migration request. We will enable our own migration tool for your account, and you can easily migrate your data from there.
We do not support migration for Individual plan users yet.
The below sections will help you migrate data from Google Drive (personal edition) to WorkDrive (team plan).
Download your Google Drive data using Google Takeout
2. To create a new archive, select data to include (Google Drive) and customize archive format.
Once the Google Drive's archive is created, download it to your computer.
Set up your WorkDrive account
1. Log in to or sign up for WorkDrive.
to the team (an invitation will be sent to users via email).
Members must accept the invitation to
join the team
If you have enabled the option for users to join the team using the same org domain, users won't require an invitation to join the team.
Install the Desktop Sync app and copy your Google Drive data to WorkDrive
2. Extract the downloaded Google Drive's Archive zip file, copy the required data, and paste it to your My Folders or any Team Folders inside the WorkDrive sync folder.
You can also drag and drop files and folders from your computer to the required sync folder location.
3. In the web app, add members to the appropriate Team Folders with defined
—Admin, Organizer, Editor, and Viewer.
All team members can now install the Desktop Sync app to their computer and connect their WorkDrive account.
All migrated files will be synced to the team members' WorkDrive account, both in web as well as their computer. The team members will be able to start collaborating on files in WorkDrive.
If you have to migrate large amount of data (Terabytes -TB) from your computer to WorkDrive, then knowing the best migration practices will help you save a lot of time and work.