Easily create download links for files and folders stored in a Team Folder or My Folders and share them with your team members and external users. You can set a download limit and expiration for each download link. You can also create multiple custom download links for the same file or folder and share them with different user groups.
WorkDrive's reports for each download link show you the number of downloads made for files and folders.
To create a download link for a file or folder:
1. Select a file or folder from a Team Folder or My Folders.
2. Click the
More actions icon next to the delete icon in the top actions bar.
New download link from the dropdown.
A download link dialog box will open.
Alternatively, you can right-click the file or folder and select
New download link.
4. Enter a link name for easy reference.
5. To set a download limit for the file, toggle Set download limit on and enter the limit number.
6. Toggle Set expiration on to set an expiration date for the download link. This will make your download link invalid after the set date.
7. Click Create. A new dialog box will open.
8. Click Copy to copy the download link to share it with external users.
9. To email the download link, enter the email addresses of external users separated by commas, then add a personal message, and click SEND EMAIL.
10. Close the dialog box and click the share icon in the top actions bar to see the download link you created at the bottom of the Share dialog box.
11. Click Actions next to the download link and you will see the following options:
Copy link: Copy the download link and share it with external users.
View stats: View the number of downloads by external users, and the date and time they last downloaded the file.
Change settings: Change the download link's expiration after creating the link.
Delete download link: Delete the download link if required.
- You cannot change the download limit after creating the download link, but you can create multiple custom download links for the same file
- You can find separate access statistics for each download link by clicking View stats in the Share dialog box
Direct download for file download links
When users access a download link, the files will be displayed in a new screen, and they have to click the
Download button every time to download those items.
f you wish to allow the users to download files directly into their device while accessing the download link, you need to append the string "?directDownload=true" to the download link as given below.
Sample download link:
For Team Folders
- The external sharing feature can be enabled or disabled at the team level by the Super Admin or Admin
- If external sharing is enabled at the team level, Team Folder Admins can enable or disable external sharing in their Team Folders
- If external sharing is enabled, only Admins and Organizers of a Team Folder can create download links for their files
- If external sharing is disabled:
- Admins and Organizers in a Team Folder cannot create new download links or manage existing download links for files
- All previously shared download links will become invalid
For My Folders
- If external sharing is enabled at the team level, any team members can create download links for files in My Folders
- If external sharing is disabled, team members cannot create new download links or manage existing download links for files in My Folders