The search option helps to locate specific information or specific records without having to go through the entire list of records, thus saving time in finding records. The different search options available in Zoho Workerly are:
- Search by Alphabets
- Search by Information
- Search by Criteria
Search Records by Alphabets
This option enables you to search records within a module by clicking the alphabet links displayed on top. This would directly take you to the matching records that start with the selected alphabet.
To search records by alphabets
- Click the [Module] tab.
Module refers to the Temps, Contacts, Clients etc. tabs.
- In the [Module] home page, click the Alphabet icon on the right and select an alphabet.
The page displays the list of matching records that start with the selected alphabet.
- The Alphabet search option searches records only by the First name.
If you want to search records by the Last Name, click Setup > Personal Settings > Name Format and change the format of name.
Search Records by Information
This option enables you to search specific record(s) from all modules or from a particular module by entering the information in the search box. Note that this is a Global Search and for English. You can select the modules in which the search should be carried out.
To search records by information
- Select a [Module] from the Search drop-down list.
Module refers to the Temps, Contacts, Clients, etc. tabs. Records only from the selected modules will be listed.
- Enter the search criteria in the text box and press Enter.
The matching records will be listed.
- By default, you will be able to view all the records, provided the access to view the records is given to you by the administrator.
- It is mandatory to enter a minimum of two characters in the search text box.
- All fields are searched including Notes. Related items are basically records in another module. They are not searched as part of the related item.
For example, say you have a Temp 'Terrance' and a task 'Meeting' associated to the Temp. Using global search if you search 'meeting', it will be listed in the search results under Matching Tasks. If you select the Temps checkbox to search only in the Temps module, this task record will not be listed in the search results.
- You can add more fields in the Search Results' page with the Search Layout option.
Search Records by Criteria using Advanced Filters
To filter records using advanced filters
- Go to the desired module.
- Select the required module list view.
- Under Filter [Records] By, select the desired combinations.
You can select any number of search combinations as required.
- Click Apply Filter.
The records that meet the criteria are displayed.
- You can select records and assign suitable follow-up activities or run macros on them.
Customize Search Layout
The Search Layout helps you customize the field values that you want to view in search results. For example, when you search Temps by name, you may want to view the values from the email, phone. You can select just these in the Search Layout. A maximum of 6 fields can be selected.