The Setup page in Zoho Workerly helps you configure all settings necessary to get your account up and running. Be it personalization, automation or third-party integrations, you can initiate all functions from the minimalist Setup screen of Zoho Workerly.
The setup page is divided into 7 major categories. This page also has a predictive search feature that can help you find various options that are a subcategory of the major categories displayed here.
To access the Setup page, log in to your Zoho Workerly account and go to Setup.
Predictive search makes your work in setting up your account easier by reducing the number of clicks you need to make in order to get to a particular Settings page. For instance, if you want to add or manage roles, the direct route is to go to the Setup page and click Users & Control > Security Control > Roles. But by using predictive search, you can directly navigate to the Rolespage by entering Roles in the Search box.
The following are the 7 major categories under which various setup options are available
Start setting up your Zoho Workerly account by entering personal details and company details.
User-specific settings can be configured under Personal Settings. Let's say different members of a team are in different locations. So the time zones for each user will vary according to the location. Similarly, signatures are specific to a user. Such settings can be configured under Personal Settings. These settings are specific to the user who has configured them.
- Locale Information: Mention your language, country locale, time format and time zone.
- Signature: Configure your own personal signature. This will be used in the emails that you send to your customers.
- Name Format: Define the name format in which people's names in your Workerly account is displayed. This applies to Temps, Contacts, Clients, or any other custom modules.
- Themes: Change the colour themes as desired for your Workerly account.
The settings under Company Details are organization-wide settings and can be configured only by a user with Administrative permissions. They cannot be modified by non-Administrators.
- Company Details: Enter basic company details such as the logo, company email address, phone, website and Locale Information.
- Fiscal Year: Enter the beginning month of the organization's fiscal year.
Manage your email database right from within Zoho Workerly. If you wish Workerly to maintain a record of emails sent to customers from an email address not configured in Workerly, you can use the BCC Dropbox feature.
- POP3: Configure your email address via the POP3 protocol. This downloads emails from the server to the machine in which the configuration has been done. Therefore this configuration is device specific.
- BCC Dropbox: If you require Zoho Workerly to track emails sent from an email account that has not been configured in Zoho Workerly, you can use BCC Dropbox. All you have to do is copy-paste the system generated email address in the BCC section when you compose your email from the desired email account to your Temps/Contacts. With this, Zoho Workerly will be able to fetch these emails and display them under the Emails related list in the respective record's details page.
- Email Insights: Get to know the complete analytics of all the emails that you send. The analytics report has details on how many people have clicked or opened your email, which regions have received your mail, and so on.
Users & Control
Create a more secure account by defining clear user permissions based on their hierarchy. You can group the users based on their roles or profiles and then provide permissions to these groups based on their position in the hierarchy. An Administrator can control these permissions. Users with Administrator profile will have unrestricted access to your account.
The Users section enables you to add users, create user groups, activate or deactivate users. These actions can be performed only by an Administrator.
- Users: Add users by extending invitations to join your Workerly organization account. You can invite only those users who are not already part of another Zoho Workerly organization account.
- Groups: Form user groups based on the designation of members in your organization. When you form groups of a handful of individual, Workerly information shared with a user group will be shared with all the users in it.
- Activate Users: You can activate or deactivate users in this section.
- Profiles: In Zoho Workerly, the profile function controls the permission to Workerly modules, records, fields in a record, and various utilities, such as import, export, send email, mass update, etc. Users associated with the profile can access the functions that are assigned to them.
- Roles: In Zoho Workerly, you can set up the organization-wide hierarchy using Roles. Users at a higher hierarchy can always access all the records of at a lower hierarchy.
- Data Sharing Settings: By default, access rights to Workerly records is set as private so that the record owner and his/her manager can oversee the Workerly data. However, using the Data Sharing Rules, you can extend the access rights to users belonging to other roles and groups. Once the data sharing rules are configured, users associated with other roles and groups can gain additional access to the records that belong to other users.
- Attachments Permissions: Control the access rights of Workerly attachments for various profiles.
- Zoho Mail Add-on Users: The Zoho Mail Add-on helps you to manage all the customer correspondence within your Zoho Workerly account. It helps you to keep track of all the email communication between the customers and the Workerly users. In addition to this, as an administrator, you have the following set of features to manage the Zoho Mail Add-on users.
- Take a backup of the deactivated user's mail account
- Lock Mail Add-on Configurations
- Unlock Mail Add-on Configurations
Even though Zoho Workerly is designed to satisfy most of your basic needs, there may be certain industry-specific needs that may not be available by default. You can customize your Zoho Workerly account to suit these industry-specific needs. You can customize modules, layouts, add custom buttons among other myriad functions.
Modules are the building blocks that constitute Workerly. Example, Temps, Contacts, Clients, Jobs, Tasks etc. There are more than 10 predefined modules offered by Workerly. Apart from Workerly, you can add custom modules and also edit the standard modules to suit your requirements.
- Modules: Edit modules in Workerly by adding new fields, sections and designing the layout of the module.
- Tab Groups: The different departments in your organization may use different modules (tabs) in Zoho Workerly. Tab groups let you organize the tabs available in your Zoho Workerly account.
- Attachment Category: You can add multiple categories of attachment for each module.
- Tags: This helps you add multiple tags to each module.
- Note Type: Note types will be listed in all the modules.
- Email Templates: Create email templates for each module.
- Mail Merge Templates: Mail merge is a function that helps you to simplify repetitive tasks to create personalized documents. You can create a mail merge template that would contain the variables (merge fields) in it. Using the template, you can merge data from Zoho Workerly and create the merged documents with accurate values for the variables.
- SMS Templates: You can create a number of SMS templates in various folders. These templates can be used for personalized mass SMS/Text messaging.
- Custom From Address: Enables you to send emails with the "from address" of your choice.
Rate cards help you provide your clients a set of standard rates for your services.
Zoho Workerly helps you setup an automated system when data enters your account from various sources.
A Portal is a specified account that serves as a gateway to communicate with clients and temps.
Seamlessly push data from your custom webforms into your Workerly system. Make your webforms compatible with Google sites, Facebook, Joomla, WordPress, and more.
Auto-response rules allow you to specify criteria that select the required email templates to be sent when a record is generated through webforms.
Automating your day to day activities will help you save a lot of time and manual efforts. You can create workflow rules and associate workflow alerts, tasks and field updates to them. Additionally, you can set up case escalation rules and also assignment rules for Temps and Contacts generated via web forms. You can also write custom functions to automate your management processes.
Workflow management helps you to automate your workforce management. You can automatically assign tasks to users, based on the criteria defined in the rules and update certain fields. Workflow automation consists of the following components:
- Workflow Rules - A set of rules that are executed when specified conditions are met.
- Workflow Alerts - Automated email notifications sent on triggering a workflow rule.
- Workflow Tasks - Tasks that are assigned to the users when workflow rules are triggered.
- Workflow Field Updates - Automatically updating specified field values when workflow rules are triggered.
- Webhooks - Communicates with third-party applications by sending instant web notification (one-way) every time an event occurs in Zoho Workerly.
- Custom Functions - Develop a set of Deluge Scripts to receive a response from other applications and update Workerly modules when the workflow criteria is fulfilled.
Schedules are customizable actions that can be triggered automatically using custom functions. Schedules can be used to integrate your Zoho Workerly data with Zoho apps, your companys website, and other third-party applications.
Extensions & APIs
Integrating your Zoho Workerly with other services will improve the value of your Zoho Workerly. This category helps you to integrate your Zoho Workerly account with your website (for visitor tracking and other purposes), with other Zoho Services or any other third party service like Google Contacts. These integrations can be done using APIs.
Zoho Workerly for Google Apps makes it easier for your business to collaborate, communicate and share information, all in a single, centralized place. If your business is using Google Apps, you can now synchronize Google Mail and access other information from within Zoho Workerly.
- Contacts: Keeping up-to-date contacts in both Zoho Workerly and Google Contacts is now made easy with the Contacts Synchronization feature.
- Calendar: Synchronizing calendar entries of Google Calendar and that of the Zoho Workerly Calendar is now made easy with the Google Calendar Synchronization feature. You can update the calendar entries in either Google Calendar or Zoho Workerly and have them updated in both. If you delete the sync configurations and again synchronize the calendar events, then duplicate records will be created. In case of two-way sync, duplicates will be created in both Zoho Workerly and Google Calendar.
Go beyond just a temporary staffing software by integrating Zoho Workerly with other Zoho Apps. Note that the availabilty of certain Zoho Apps depends on your Zoho Workerly Edition.
You can also integrate Zoho Workerly with third party apps such as PhoneBridge and Mobile Apps.
Workerly variables are pseudo-module fields that are used to store static and reusable information in your Zoho Workerly account. They can have a unique set of values and can be used as merge fields in email templates, or as reusable authentication parameters in custom functions and APIs.
This category consists of all the settings that will help you to manage the database of your Workerly account. It helps you in creating, verifying and ensuring data integrity by maintaining relationships and implementing access controls throughout the databases. Under Data administration you can Migrate data from other Workerly, Export your Workerly data, manage the storage limit and set up Audit Logs.
When you migrate data from another system into Zoho workerly, you can import data using the Data Migration Wizard. Please note that this is different from the regular imports done for a specific module. For example, importing a set of Temps from the Temps module and importing Temps using the Data Migration Wizard are NOT the same. If you have difficulties migrating data, you can always contact our experts by submitting a Migration Request from the Data Migration page.
You can export module wise data from the Export page. A maximum of 3000 records can be exported at one shot. For further analysis, you can also request data backup. You get 2 free backups per month. Every additional backup costs $10.
This page displays the total storage space used by the organization as well as by the individual users. Total used space will also include the attachments present in the Recycle bin.
Go to the Recycle Bin to see the list of records deleted from Zoho Workerly. The records are displayed for 60 days from the date of deletion, after which they are permanently deleted.
Audit log provides you with the chronological sequence of actions performed by the Users in Zoho Workerly. You have the option to filter the data displayed in the Audit Log by Entity, Users, Action and Time. You can also export the Audit Log.
Activity log provides you with actions performed by the Users in Zoho Workerly with respect to records.