Before you proceed to install this extension, ensure you have an OpenAI account for using the ChatGPT bot.
To use this extension from Zoho Writer:
- Install it from the Zoho Marketplace
- Authorizing it using a Secret Key generated using your Open AI account
Installing the extension
2. Locate the ChatGPT extension and click it. Or, you can search for the extension using its name, "ChatGPT Assistant for Zoho Writer", to directly go the extension's page .
3. Once you are on the extension's page, click Install.
5. You will now be able to see the "ChatGPT Assistant Installed Successfully" message. Click the Take me to Writer button to open a Writer document.
6. In the Writer editor, click the hamburger menu located at the top left corner, and click the Extensions tab and click the ChatGPT extension.
7. You will have to enter a secret key generated using your OpenAI account here, to link it to this extension. This key will be used to confirm your identity during all your interactions with the ChatGPT bot.
To generate a secret key,
- Click the Learn more link on the page, or go to the OpenAI API keys page.
- Login and click the "Create new secret key" button to generate a new key.
- Copy the secret key and paste it in the API Key field in the ChatGPT extension page in Writer and click Access.
That's it! You can start interacting with the ChatGPT bot right from within Writer now.
Deleting the secret key from the extension
1. Open a Writer document, click the hamburger icon, go to Extensions tab, and select the ChatGPT extension.
2. Click the settings icon located beside the close icon in the ChatGPT extension, and click the Delete button. This will clear your secret key from the extension.
Note: You can also hide or uninstall the extension completely whenever required using these steps