To minimize visual clutter, Writer only pre-loads a few fonts into your formatting pallet, but you can add fonts from the Font Library any time.
Add fonts from Zoho's font library
To add fonts from font library ,
- Go to More > Format tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Font.
- At the bottom of the list, click +Add Fonts. The Font Library opens, displaying fonts according to their font family.
- Check the box for the font, to add it to your fonts list.
In the right-hand panel of the Font Library window, you can view each font in normal, bold, italic and bold italic. You can also view details for each font by clicking the icon in the bottom-right corner of the window.
Add custom fonts
Writer lets you to use system fonts as alternatives to using web fonts from our font library. You can use the fonts that are pre-installed on your device or OS.
Before you get started, choose the required system fonts that needs to be added to Writer. Follow the steps below to add custom fonts.
- Log in to your Writer account and open a new or existing document.
- Click More options > Format tab > Font.
- Click Add Fonts and choose From your computer option from the drop-down.
Alternatively, go to Settings > Fonts > Custom Fonts. The Custom Fonts pop-up will open.
- In the Custom Fonts pop-up, type the required font name and click Add.
Make sure the fonts you add are available in your computer/system. Also, the system fonts you add in your documents will be visible only to the collaborators if they also have the same font installed in their system.
- Once the system font is added, a substitute font will be suggested. Click the Preview link to compare the substitute font with the custom system font added.
If you find that the substitute font is not equivalent to the added system font or if you want to change the substitute font, you can choose another font from the Zoho font library, as required. Click the drop-down near the substitute font and choose another font from the available list.
Substitute fonts: Writer has included the best metric equivalent fonts as alternatives to few missing paid fonts, to ensure compatibility across all platforms. A substitute font will be suggested whenever you add any new system font. These substitute fonts will be used while exporting the document as PDF.