US, IN, EU, AU.
|Roles|| Entire organization || Team |
|Organizational Admins|| ✔|| ✔|
|Members|| || ✔|
A team involved in building a website is using Cliq to keep each other updated about the developments and dependencies in the project.
The team finds it difficult to switch between multiple tools to get insight and keep up with constant updates and the requirements of their team members.
How can the team overcome this challenge?
It is a tedious task to switch between tools, an integrated application having all the tools in one place will make it easier for the team to work asynchronously and to have all the updates and requirements under one roof.
- Install the GitLab extension for Cliq.
- Connect to your projects via the GitLab Bot.
- Map the GitLab Bot to a Cliq channel.
- View updates and issues right from Cliq.
- Easily disconnect from a project once it's done/completed.
What this help page will cover
- Getting started with GitLab
- Connecting to your projects
- View project issues
- Disconnect a project
Getting started with GitLab
- Click here to go to GitLab extension page in Marketplace. (Or)
- Go to Cliq marketplace (https://marketplace.zoho.com/cliq) --> In the Categories displayed in LHS, select Collaboration --> GitLab.
- The GitLab extension page will open. Here, an overview of the extension will be displayed along with screenshots and reviews.
- Click on Install button.
After successful installation of GitLab extension, you'll see a connection dialog prompt requesting your permission to access your GitLab account. Once you click the Allow Access button, you'll land on the create connection view, where you can connect to GitLab based on your Git account settings.
- If you are using GitLab to manage your personal project and repository, please skip entering the Client ID and Client secret and directly click the Authorize button.
- If you are using GitLab with your team or organization and have a custom domain, enter the Client ID and Client secret then click on Authorize.
After successful installation, click on the Get started button present in the welcome message of the GitLab Bot. A consents dialog requesting permission to allow access will appear. This consent box is to ensure privacy by letting you know how your data will be handled.
Connecting to your projects on GitLab
To connect to your projects on GitLab
- Click on the Connect bot menu action.
- Select the project you want to connect with from the dropdown.
- Choose the channel of your choice to map your project with.
- Click on connect.
You will now be notified about the project updates on your selected channel.
Once a channel is mapped to the project on GitLab, the message below notifies the members in the channel that all the updates in the repository with respect to the selected project will be posted in this channel.
View project issues
- Instantly view issues related to a specific project from GitLab Bot
- Click on View Issues bot menu action.
- Select a project from the dropdown.
- Click on view.
The below list shows all the issues related to a project along with their description, status, name of the person who assigned the issue and the due date of the issue.
Help bot menu action provides you with information on how you can leverage various actions and commands available in it.
- Use /gitlab command to view the list of Projects:
- Click on the view button present under merge request, branches and commits, to get a detailed insight about the respective titles.
Disconnect a project
Disconnect a project by clicking on the disconnect bot action menu.
- Click the Disconnect button present next to the project you would like to disconnect from.
|Actions||Channel Notification||Bot Notification|
|Create||(Without assignee) ✔||(With assignee) ✔|
|Update||(Without assignee) ✔||(With assignee) ✔|
|Close||(Without assignee) ✔||(With assignee) ✔|
|Reopen||(Without assignee) ✔||(With assignee) ✔|
|Create || ✔|| |
|Update|| ✔|| |
|Close|| ✔|| |
|Reopen|| ✔|| |
|Code push repository|
|New code push|| ✔|| |
|Update|| ✔|| |
|Delete|| ✔|| |
|Create|| ✔|| |
|Delete|| ✔|| |
|Comment on issue|
|Comment|| ✔|| |
|Merge|| ✔|| |
|Snippet || ✔|| |
|Commits|| ✔|| |
Install the GitLab extension by clicking on the button below to leverage a chain of efficient DevOps tools and stay informed on their updates with GitLab bot.
INSTALL IN MY CLIQ