US, IN, EU, AU.
|Roles|| Entire organization || Team |
|Organizational Admins|| ✔|| ✔|
|Members|| || ✔|
How this integration helps:
Often when you're having a conversation, you find yourself looking for a file to give more context to the conversation or supply more data, in such scenarios integrations like Google Drive make it easier to work and provides you access to everything from one place. Follow the below steps to experience a seamless workflow.
- Install the Google Drive extension for Cliq.
- Use /gdrive command in the chat to share a file/folder.
- View and download your files from the tabs present in the widget.
- Upload file to Google Drive using "Add to Google Drive" action menu from Cliq.
- Quickly view and download the starred files in your Google Drive right from the Starred tab in the Google Drive widget.
What this help page will cover:
- Getting started with Google Drive in Cliq
- Sharing Google Drive files/folders via /gdrive command from Cliq
- View and download files through the Google Drive widget in Cliq
- Add your files/folders from Cliq to Google Drive
- Google Drive widget
Getting started with Google Drive
- Click here to go to Google Drive extension page in Marketplace. (Or)
- Go to Cliq marketplace (https://marketplace.zoho.com/cliq) --> In the Categories displayed in LHS, select Collaboration --> Google Drive.
- The Google Drive extension page will open. Here, an overview of the extension will be displayed along with screenshots and reviews.
- Click on Install button.
After successful installation of Google Drive extension, you'll see a connection dialog prompt requesting your permission to access your Google Drive account. This consent box is to ensure privacy by letting you know how your data will be handled.
Sharing Google Drive files and folders via /gdrive command
- You can share your files from Google Drive by using the /gdrive command in any chat.
- Enter /gdrive command in the chat followed by your file/folder name. This will show a list of files/folders as suggestions. Selecting a file/folder from the list will share it in chat directly.
- Clicking on "View" will directly takes you to the file in your Google Drive.
- Clicking on "Share here" will share your file in the chat. When a file is shared directly in chat the user can choose to view the file by clicking on View or Download the file to their computer.
- When you click on the three dots present beside the download button, you can see "Share to Email" option, enter the email id or search and select the contacts you want to share the file/folder with from the Contacts dropdown then click on Share.
Upload your files from Cliq to Google Drive
You can easily take action on files and documents shared on chat by uploading them to your Google Drive. Here's how:
- Head over to the file(s) shared on chat. Right click on a file to see to view the message actions menu and click on select. (You can also select upto 10 file attachments to upload simultaneously)
Click on the Google Drive icon in the action bar, located at the bottom of the chat, to upload the file(s) to your linked Google account. For first time users Cliq and Google Drive will request permission to access the files.
NOTE : Action can be taken on only file attachments and here is a file size limit of 5 MB for uploading to Google Drive. Please make sure that none of the selected files exceeds this limit during upload or that specific file will be skipped.
The Google Drive widget consists of the following tabs to manage files with ease.
- My Drive
- Shared with me
My Drive tab contains all the files/folders available in your Google Drive account to facilitate easy access.
- The folders are listed along with their file name, account name of the residing file and date of upload. The folders are equipped with following two options
- View - Clicking on "View" will directly take you to the folder in your Google Drive
- Open - Clicking on "Open" will open the selected folder and show the files present inside it. you can be further view and download the files from there.
- The files are listed along with their file name, size, account name of the residing file and date of upload. The file are equipped with two options.
- View - Clicking on "View" will directly take you to the folder in your Google Drive.
- Download - Clicking on "Download" will directly download the file to your computer.
The Starred tab consists of all the favourited/starred files and folders in your Google Drive. These files are also listed along with their file name, size, date, time of uploading and the name of the user who sent it. You can view and download right from the Starred tab.
The Recent tab consists of all the files and folders that you have accessed recently. You can also choose to view or download the file and folders from this tab.
Shared with me
Shared with me tab consists of all the files that have been shared to you in your Google Drive. You can also view and share your files and folders via this tab.
Install the Google Drive extension for Cliq by clicking on the button below. Experience hassle-free collaboration and management of files from the comfort of your chat window.
INSTALL IN MY CLIQ