Streamline incident management life cycle of your teams
PagerDuty empowers teams by helping transform signals into opportunities to increase productivity and accelerate innovation. By integrating PagerDuty with Cliq, your team can get instant updates of incidents, and acknowledge and resolve them directly from chats!
You can install the integration from Cliq Marketplace or by clicking on the button below.
Note: Only org admins can install an integration for the entire organization, whereas users can install only for their team.
INSTALL IN MY CLIQ
The PagerDuty integration in Cliq consists of PagerDuty bot, /incidents and /viewincidents command, and Create Incident message action. To use the bot's services, you must subscribe to the bot.
- Click on the + of Bots in the left sidebar.
- In the popup that appears, look for Pagerduty Bot and subscribe to it.
Note: You can find the bot only if the integration is installed for your team/organization.
- When subscribing to the bot, you will get a consents dialog requesting permission to access your details. This consents box is to ensure privacy by letting you know how your data will be handled.
To know more, check out the related link at the bottom of this page.
Incident updates in channels
You can connect your PagerDuty service with a Cliq channel and pump in notifications on incidents, keeping all your team members in the loop of what's happening. And these incidents can also be claimed and resolved from within the channel!
To connect services,
- Click on Map Services action.
- You will get a one-time authorization popup requesting your permission to post messages. i.e. to post task updates in the channel that you are mapping.
- After authorization, a form will appear on the screen. In it, select the service and a Cliq channel to map it with.
- On connecting, all incidents reports from that service like new incidents triggered, and incidents acknowledged and resolved will be posted in the channel.
If you want to stop the updates of a service, just click on the Unmap Services action. All connected services will be displayed with an Unmap button. Do note that you will get the Unmap button only if you had mapped that service, or you are the admin who installed the integration for your team.
Create incidents from messages
Team conversations are often filled with decisions, new tasks and sometimes even incidents. So convert them directly into actions with the following steps :
- Hover over the message and click on Actions (3 dots) -> Select.(You can also select mutiple messages simultaneously)
- Click on the PagerDuty icon in the action bar at the bottom of the chat. For first time users will have to grant permission for Cliq API to access your PagerDuty account. A form will appear on the screen, fill in the details, select the service and create your incident right from chats!
Note : Creating incidents action can be performed only on text messages and the limit is upto 25 messages at a time.
Apart from this, you can also create an incident in any chat window by executing the command /incident.
View incident details in any chat
You can view the list of triggered, acknowledged, and resolved incidents of any service in a chat by executing the /viewincident command.
- Just type /viewincident, select the command from the suggestions and hit enter.
- In the form that appears, select the service and incident state and hit the View button.
- All incidents from the selected state will be displayed in the chat window for you to view.
If you view the list of triggered incidents you can acknowledge and resolve them, and if you view the list of acknowledged incidents then you can resolve them via the buttons given!