Once you have created your manual, you can share it with other members of your hub. The admin can grant one of the following privileges to the users depending on what access they need:
Reader: Readers can view the content but not contribute to the manuals. A reader can:
- Read content
- Export articles
Contributor: Contributors create content for the team to use. In addition to the privileges of a reader, contributors can:
- Add and edit articles
- Add attachments
- Duplicate articles
- Delete articles they have created
Admin: Admins manage the manuals, the users, and their permissions. An admin can do everything a reader and a contributor can, plus:
- Add, manage, and remove members from manuals
- Change the layout and theme
- Move articles
- Manage articles and chapters
- Delete articles and manuals
The admin of the space in which the manual is present will be added as
the admin of the manual by default.
Sharing a manual in Learn
1. Navigate to the manual, then click
Share. Access for the members in the hub and the space will be disabled by default.
2. To share the manual with everyone in the hub, click the button next to
Everyone and click
Enable. Members of the hub will be added as readers.
3. To share the manual with the current space, click the button next to
Members of Space and select one of the access privileges.
4. To share the manual with other spaces, type the name of the space in the text box and select it. Select one of the access privileges and click
5. To share the manual with specific members, type their names or email addresses in the text box and select them. Select one of the access privileges and click
Manuals that have been shared with you will be listed in the Shared section in the Knowledge tab.