Tip #8: How to create and manage Tasks from an email in Zoho Mail
Often we all receive our tasks via emails. Zoho Mail provides a simple way to easily manage such tasks and have them linked to the original emails.
You can create Tasks from emails, post them in groups, assign it to someone, and discuss about the Tasks using comments.
Steps to create Tasks from emails and collaborate with them:
- Right click on the email from which you want to create the task.
- Choose the option Add to >> Tasks from the menu.
- Add Task dialog appears with the Subject of email as Title and Content as Description
- Change the contents, if required.
- Add any subtasks, if this needs to be split into smaller tasks.
- Set a due date, reminder and reminder options.
- You can add it in My Streams, to add it to yourselves, or choose a Streams group to make it visible to the entire group.
- When you add it to the group, you can optionally share the linked email conversation also, to make it more contextual to your group members.
- Assign it to a group member directly from the email and easily track it from the Tasks.
- Discuss around the tasks using the comments for periodic updates and clarifications.
- The created tasks are available right next to the email to make it easier to view and track them.
Now stay on top of your tasks using Tasks from emails in Zoho Mail. Share how you use them right below in the comments!
See you next week with yet another interesting and useful tip.
Tip 1: How to paste images in Zoho Mail - Insert/ Embed images inline with email
We all add screenshots, or copy paste images in our emails. Often we rely on third party tools to annotate them, save and them embed them in our emails. No more image hassles! Just paste the screenshot you captured, annotate it, and embed the image right inside your email. Steps: Compose the email. Copy the image you want to embed, to the clipboard. In the editor, place the cursor on the exact location where you want to embed the inline image. Hit Ctrl + V to paste the image or choose Paste from
Ask the experts 11 - A live forum Q & A on using personal and group Notes effectively
Whenever we want to note down some piece of information either for a quick reference later, or to have it systematically saved, we all use notes. We used to stick coloured papers around us with phone numbers, pieces of information from emails, things that we talked over in our phones etc. This has now taken the digital format and moved to cloud. With Zoho Mail Notes, note taking is much more easier and you can directly add notes from selective email content or attach a note to your email. In this
Free Webinar! Get the best out of CRM using our seamless Zoho Workplace integration
Hello Community, If you're using Zoho CRM and Zoho Workplace and trying to find a way to work with both the platforms seamlessly, then you shouldn't miss this opportunity. Grab your spot! for the free webinar on getting to know about the Seamless integration
Free Webinar Alert! Hassle free migration from major email service providers!
Hello Community, If you're still using a different email service provider and looking forward to migrate to a more secure email solution, grab this opportunity to get to know about the hassle free migration from major providers to Zoho Mail. Click here,
Announcing ZUG India Meet-ups in your city - Meet Zoho Mail Experts and learn from them
Hello Everyone! We are excited to announce the User Community initiative to meet you all in person and help you master the Zoho Mail's Admin console. We aim to help you become the experts of the Zoho Mail Admin console. Come and meet us in your own city