The Add-In may not be loading in Outlook because of the following reasons below:
- The Zoho CRM Outlook Plug-in you have downloaded is not compatible with your version of MS Outlook.
- The Zoho CRM Outlook Plug-in is disabled or inactive.
Solution in Case #1
- Go to About Microsoft Outlook to check the Microsoft Outlook version in terms of 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Check if you have downloaded the correct Zoho CRM Plug-in based on the MS Outlook version (32-bit or 64-bit).
- If the plug-in you have installed is wrong, uninstall the plug-in, download the correct plug-in and reinstall the same.
Now the Add-In should load. If the problem still persists, proceed to check solution for Case #2.
Solution in Case #2
The Add-In will not get loaded in case the plug-in is disabled or inactive.
To know the status of the plug-in
- Open MS Outlook and click Files > Outlook Options > Add-Ins.
- Search for Zoho CRM Plugin for MS Outlook.
You will see that Plug-in is active/inactive/disabled. In the screenshot above, as you can see, it is under the list of Active Application Plug
Based on the status of the Plug-in, follow the steps mentioned below.
The steps to debug the issue are listed below. Please remember to close and open Outlook after every action mentioned below. Outlook needs to be restarted for any of the actions to take effect.
If the Plug-in is Inactive
If the Plug
- Choose COM Add-ins under Manage and click Go...
The Plug-in would be unchecked. This denotes that it is inactive.
- Select the Plug-in.
- Click OK.
- Close and restart MS Outlook and verify the status of the plugin.
-in is Disabled
- Choose Disabled Items under Manage.
- Select Zoho CRM and Enable the plug-in.
- Close and restart MS Outlook and verify the status of the plug-in.
If the Plug-in is Active but not visible
Along with your e-mail please compress and send the logs from the folder C:\Users\<<SystemUserName>>\AppData\Roaming\zohocrm_outlook to firstname.lastname@example.org
This will help us attend to your request faster.
Incorrect Installation of Microsoft's Primary Interop Assemblies
Apart from these, there might be a possibility that the Zoho CRM Plugin for MS Outlook Add-In does not feature in the list of Active, Inactive or Disabled Application Add-ins at all. In such a case, check the LoadBehavior value. Ensure that it is set to (3). If LoadBehavior is 3 and the Add-In still does not appear in the list of Add-Ins, then Microsoft's Primary Interop Assemblies may not be installed properly.
If you have Office 2013, you do not need to install the PIA (Primary Interop assembly for Outlook). For Office 2013, the PIA is already part of Office installation included in .NET Programmability Support option under Microsoft Outlook.
To check the PIA setting in Office 2013
- Click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs, locate Microsoft Office 2013.
- Click Change > Add or Remove features
- Expand Microsoft Outlook
- The first option is .NET Programmability Support.
- Right click on .NET Programmability Support
- Click Run from my computer > Continue.
If you have Office 2013 Click to Run or Office 365, you won’t have the Add or Remove feature option. Instead, you must do an Online Repair. Do not do a Quick Repair.
8. If you receive any Exception named,“System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'System.Web, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'”, as shown below:
If you require the Microsoft's Primary Interop Assemblies to reinstalled in any other version of MS Office, please write to email@example.com