Zoho Inventory Community Digest August 2021 - a monthly rundown
Hope you're doing well! We're back again with a bunch of updates from the past month. We have everything from product updates and webinars to customer appreciation highlights, so let's get started!
Are you confused about the difference between accounting stock and physical stock in your Zoho Inventory account? Well this month's Spotlight has all the information you need, so you never have to worry about mixing the two up again. Simply check out this video for detailed insights on how to track accounting and physical stock for your company with Zoho Inventory.
2. Product updates
- In Zoho Inventory, you can now include PAN to your customer and vendor contacts from unregistered GST organizations. Along with this, you can also add PAN to your overseas treatment contacts from registered organizations.
- You can now view the total number of warehouses that are accessible for a particular user from the Users & Roles section in Zoho Inventory.
- When you import invoices, you can also import new addresses for the associated customer. This will automatically map the address to an existing account or it will add the address to your import file as a new address while creating an invoice.
- We have provided an option to change the customer advance account while recording excess payment. Under Accountant Settings, you can find an option to set a default account in Zoho Books to perform this change.
3. Mobile app updates
- iOS/MacOS updates
This month's updates to the Zoho Inventory iOS app include:
- Add universal links and deep links for multiple apps through our mobile app. This functionality works for creating templates and contacts so you can associate any relevant links.
- Manage the enabling and tracking of transfer order shipments in Zoho Inventory.
- Take advantage of custom view filters for transfer orders and the new item adjustment modules.
4. Customer Corner
This month we had a huge shout out from our dear customer Lila Zarski from Equicore Concepts. Listen to how moving to Zoho Inventory helped her company.
"Zoho Inventory has helped us manage our business easily and meet all our inventory needs. The onboarding experience was quite impressive in that our not-very-tech-savvy employees could learn the software easily and quickly. The product support has always been of great help every time we talk to them, especially with the implementation of multiple automations within the app."
We would love to hear all of your feedback on Zoho Inventory, too. Check out our customer testimonial page and click Share your story to the right of the page to let us know your thoughts!
Replacing Authtokens with OAuth by October 30th
Please note that we had announced the removal/deprecation of Authtoken support for Zoho Inventory APIs by August 30, 2021. This change is part of switching to OAuth 2.0, a more secure and robust protocol. If you are a heavy user of Authtoken, the migration has been extended for your organisation until October 30, 2021, before which you will have to migrate to the OAuth functionality. Kindly confirm your extension with the Zoho Inventory support team at the earliest.
Join us for a LIVE webinar on the topic 'Master your Inventory and Order Management this Holiday Season' where we will be talking all about the best tips to follow during this shopping season. Listen from our experts in the domains of Inventory and Order Fulfilment to buckle up for this holiday season.
For the Americas
For the APAC
6. Hottest Inventory Management Tips
We discuss multiple tips and tricks in our community forums every month. This month, the most discussed tip was the conversion of Sales Orders to Invoices and automated recording of payments in Zoho Inventory using the custom function module. To find out more about these codes and implement them for your account, please follow this link.
7. Resource Center
Read all about using Analytics to accelerate multichannel online retail in Zoho Blogs, where Ashwinth discusses how to specifically optimize your online sales transactions and different sales channels with Zoho Inventory.
We encourage you to join our webinars and follow our community forums to stay updated on Zoho Inventory and inventory management best practices. If you need any additional assistance, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to help you find the answers you need.
Community Manager | Zoho Inventory
Zoho SalesIQ Resources
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.