Using Zoho Campaigns, you can categorize your mailing lists under different topics so that you send your contacts the right emails. Let them choose the topics they want to hear from you about. Using topics, you can let your contacts know all the types of email newsletters you offer, and they can choose the types that interest them.
Before you set up topics, you need to choose between two types of topic hierarchy.
- Brand - Products - Topic
- Brand - Topic
When to choose Brand - Product - Topic:
If your organization offers multiple products or services to your contacts, you can have specific mailing lists for different products or services and topics related to them.
When to choose Brand - Topic:
If your organization offers multiple products/services and you want to send out emails specific to each product, then Brand-Product-Topic should be your type. In this case, you will have to first include different types of products you provide under your brand and then have topics, under each product.
This hierarchy makes things a lot easier for businesses that have a wide range of products as it helps them create topics based on products. Besides this, you can also add the topics that represent the entire brand/organization. For example, mailing lists on annual event/conference announcements, seasonal offers on all products, and other general updates can be grouped into topics under your brand while product-specific topics can go under each product.
Descriptions of your topics let your contacts know exactly what they will receive from your newsletters. Some common examples of topics with a brief description are:
- Product Updates (Getting started with your product and feature updates)
- Latest news, offers and discounts (Promotions and advertisements related to any new offers, sales, or discounts)
- Conferences and events (User conferences and promotional events about any upcoming features or new products)
- Weekly Digest (Weekly updates regarding the latest and upcoming features in your products)
To use topics:
- From the navigation toolbar click Contacts and select Manage Topics.
- In Summary, you'll see your current type of email marketing, topic hierarchy (if topic is configured) and other details about your contacts' consent status and your consent emails.
- Click Contact Preference sub tab.
- Select either the Landing Page or the Thank You Page of topic preference email.
On the landing page, you can:
- Configure Topics to change the topic hierarchy, edit your topics, and associate mailing lists with your topics.
- Edit design of the email landing page.
- Preview how the landing page will look before sending it out.
- Click Configure Topics to setup the hierarchy, products and topics.
In the screen that follows,
- Click the Change Topic Hierarchy button to switch between the two types of hierarchy.
- Click Add Brand Topic to add a new topic about your organization.
- Click Add Product Topic to add a new topic about your organization's product or service.
- You can see the number of lists mapped with a particular topic.
You can configure your topics and Save as Draft before you switch to Topic Management. You can later enable Topic Management, and the drafted topics will be live.
When you mouse over a particular topic, you'll be able to see three options:
- Using the toggle button, you can choose to enable or disable any particular topic. When the button is enabled, it means the topic is visible to your contacts when they update their email preference.
- Click the Edit icon to change the topic configuration. You can change the topic name, topic description, associated mailing lists, and also the primary list of that topic.
- Click the Delete icon to delete the topic.
You can customize your email by selecting Configure Topics.
Click the Edit icon corresponding to the different elements of your email to change their style.
- Every topic must have a list set as the primary list for that topic. When contacts select a particular topic while they update their email preferences, they'll be automatically added to the primary list of that topic. However, you can move the contacts from a mailing list by adding them manually into specific lists or by creating a separate workflow.
- We suggest maintaining a distinct list for every topic. You can set that list as the primary list for the topic. This way, all your contacts who select the topic while updating their email preference will be added to that primary list. You can then sort your contacts later by them into specific lists manually or using a workflow.