Businesses today have a large presence on social media, as these channels are effectively projecting a brand image to the audience, and bringing them closer to the brand than ever before.
Social media platforms are all about visuals, so your brand's posts need to have enticing visuals that can engage the audience and help them visualize your message.
With billions of images being available online, how do you ensure that yours is relevant, and will stand out? Photo editing is an important step that comes before publishing the post that helps in communicating a clear brand identity to the target audience. Is your brand trying to set a professional tone, or is it more casual? This can be expressed with the way you edit your image.
Editing is now available on the go in Zoho Social. You can now edit your images before posting them to any of the linked social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google My Business, Pinterest, and LinkedIn, without having to leave Zoho Social.
With the Image Editor you can:
Crop - You can choose any aspect ratio from 4:3, 16:9, 3:4 or 9:16 to crop the image for the required size. You can either use free-hand cropping to trim the edges and enhance your image composition, or you can also use channel-based crop for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
Rotate and Flip - You can use this tool to change the orientation of your image by rotating it either clockwise or counterclockwise around the axis, and you can flip it either horizontally or vertically to achieve a mirror effect.
Text - You can add a text box and add the content you want to display on the image. You can customize this text by choosing the font style, size, alignment, font color and background color, and line spacing. This will ensure that the text you add goes best with the chosen image.
Stickers - Choose some stickers from the available options to give your image a quirky look.
Filters - Apply filters or special effects like Warm, Vintage, B/W, and many more, and enhance the colors or smoothen your image.
Adjust - Adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, invert, and opacity, and transform your image so that it looks better and enhanced.
Image Editor is available to all customers on Standard, Professional, and Premium Plans, and Agency editions.
Accessing Image Editor:
- Click New Post from the dashboard in the top-right corner.
- Click the media attachment icon from the bottom row, and add your desired image. You can see an Edit and Preview option when you hover over the image.
- Click Edit to access the Image Editor.
Using Image Editor
Once you access the image editor, all the tools such as crop, rotate and flip, text, stickers, and so on are listed at the bottom of the image.
To crop your image:
- Click the Crop icon.
- Choose the required aspect ratio/social media platform on the left side.
- Drag the horizontal selection box as per your requirement.
- Click on Apply Crop to apply the effect on the image.
To rotate or flip the image:
- Click the Rotate and Flip icon.
- Choose the image orientation from the options available in the rotate and flip section.
To add text:
- Click the Text icon.
- Click Add new text to write something on your image. You can vary the font style, color, alignment and spacing to suit the image.
To add stickers:
- Click the Stickers icon to choose a sticker from the list.
- Click the sticker you want to add, and it is automatically added to the image.
- Click the sticker to resize, rotate, and drag it to the desired position.
To add filters:
- Click the Filters icon to try-out different effects on your image. A list of 10 filters are present on the left side of the window.
- Click the desired filter, and see how it transforms your image.
To adjust image enhancement:
- Click the Adjust icon to enhance your image. You can vary the factors by dragging the cursor along the horizontal line. Click Reset All to set the factors back to their initial numbers.
Save and Preview:
- Use the Undo arrow at the top of your screen to erase the latest change you made, the Reset option to undo all the changes you have made and reset the image back to the original version.
- Once all the changes are done, click Save to save the image.
- The final edited image can be previewed by clicking on Preview while hovering over the image, before publishing the post.