What is a Portal?
In Zoho Social, a
houses all your
. You can connect and manage your pages and profiles to different Brands on Zoho Social.
When you first
for Zoho Social, a Portal is automatically created for you.
To change your Portal settings:
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner, then click on Portal Settings.
- Please note that only Portal Admins on Zoho Social can make changes to the Portal settings.
Company Name, Portal Name,
4. Click Save.
You can also be a part of multiple Portals on Zoho Social, without having to create separate accounts.
What is a Brand?
Brands represent the social channels for a single entity or business unit. A Brand is created in your Portal as soon as you connect your first social media channel to Zoho Social.
You can add and manage one of each of the following social channels under a single Brand:
- Twitter Profile
- Instagram Business Profile
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Group
- LinkedIn Company Page
- LinkedIn Profile
- Google My Business listing
- YouTube Channel
To manage more than one of any of these social channels—for example, two Facebook profiles or two Twitter handles—you'll need to create a
and connect these additional social channels. You can set up multiple Brands under your Portal.
Here are a few people who manage their social media presence by setting up Brands on Zoho Social:
- Tom has a big digital agency that manages the social media presence for different businesses around the world. He creates multiple Brands on Zoho Social to segregate and manage the social media accounts of his many clients.
- Sofia owns a company called Zylker and she has set up multiple Brands to differentiate business units within the same company. Now she manages different Brands like Zylker Travels, Zylker Cafe, and Zylker Hotels under her one Portal—Zylker—on Zoho Social.
- Kathy is a budding entrepreneur and influencer on social media. She uses Zoho Social to manage her brand's social media presence. She then creates additional Brands to help organize her social media presence, and her business pages and profiles, from her Zoho Social Portal.
Depending on the plan you're on, the number of Brands you can manage on your Portal will vary.
Here's how you can change your Brand Settings:
- Click on the Settings icon in the top right corner of your Home screen and then click on Brand Information under Brand Settings
- Add a Brand name, Brand image, Brand Description, and set your preferred Time Zone.
3. Click Save.
So remember—your Zoho Social Portal houses all your Brands; and you can connect one each of the eight social channels to the Brands that you create.
Only Brand Admins and Portal Admins can add and manage Brand and Portals on Zoho Social.
If someone invites you to an existing Portal, you'll receive an email with a confirmation link. Once you confirm, you'll be added to their Portal. Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of your screen to view the new Portal under
My Portals, which is located under your profile image.
To switch between two connected Portals, just click on the one you want to access under
However, please note that if you've been added to a Portal, you can only view activities of all the Brands linked under that Portal. You can't access Brands belonging to a different Portal. A Portal admin will have to invite you to access the Brands in a particular Portal.
In order to
add more Brands
to your Portal, select your Brand's logo in the top-left corner. In the drop-down box that appears, click
Add another Brand.
This will open a pop-up window that lets you set up your new Brand by adding social channels to it. Choose the channels that you want to add to your Brand.
Things to remember:
- Make sure you're logged into the social media accounts that you want to connect to Zoho Social.
- You must add at least one social channel to set up a Brand.
- You can always add additional channels later.
- You can only add Brands to a Portal if you are its Portal Admin.
- Only Brand Admins and Portal Admins can add new social channels to a Brand on Zoho Social.
If your business manages multiple pages or profiles of the same network—such as two Facebook pages or three Twitter profiles—you'll be prompted to select one page or profile for each network that you want to manage through Zoho Social.
Once you have selected a social profile or page, click on +Add button to add your new Brand. Learn more about
connecting social channels
Switching between Brands
You can switch between Brands in Zoho Social by clicking on your Brand's logo in the top-left corner. A drop-down box will appear, showing you the list of Brands, as well as the social channels connected to each Brand in your current Portal. Simply, click on the Brand of your choice to switch.
This way, you can manage all your Brands under a single Portal. To manage other Brands that may be linked to a different Portal, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the Home screen and select the Portal you'd like to access under My Portals. If you still can't access your Portal, try logging in to Zoho Social with a different account.
Removing Brands and Portals
You can remove your Brands from Zoho Social whenever you want:
- Click Settings and select Brand Settings. You'll be able to see all your Brand information here.
- Click Delete Brand in the top-right corner.
- Click Delete to confirm your choice.
To reactivate a deleted Brand, you'll have to set it up again by adding social channels and authenticating them with your Zoho Social Portal.
When you delete a Brand, all your scheduled posts will also be removed. However, posts that have already been made across your social channels will remain intact.
To have a clear picture of how to delete portals permanently, head to our help guide