Preview a file
You can preview a file without opening it for editing. Use the navigation arrows to flip through the files in a folder or album.
To preview a file:
1. Select a file from My Folders or a Team Folder.
2. Click the More actions icon next to the delete icon in the top action bar, then select Preview from the dropdown.
Alternatively, you can right-click the file and select Preview.
4. Use the left and right arrows to navigate to other files.
The preview feature shows you how the content in your document will look when you print or download it.
Zoho WorkDrive supports preview for 160+ file formats. You can view the complete list of supported files and their limitations here.
Download a file
1. Select a file and click the Download icon in the top action bar.
Alternatively, you can right-click the file and select Download.
The selected file will be downloaded to your system.
2. Open the downloaded file in your system to view it.
To download a folder:
1. Select the required folder, then click the Download icon in the top action bar.
Alternatively, you can right-click the folder, and select Download.
The selected folder will be zipped and downloaded to your system.
2. Open the zip file in your system to view the files in it.
To download multiple files and/or folders:
1. Select the required files and/or folders, then click the Download icon in the top action bar.
Alternatively, you can right-click the selected files and/or folder, and select Download.
The selected files and/or folders will be zipped into a folder named Zoho WorkDrive and downloaded to your system. You can change the zip name while saving, if needed.
2. Open the zip file in your system to view the downloaded items.
Scheduling Download and Zip actions
If download or zip actions meet any of the below conditions, we will schedule the respective actions:
- File count - 1000
- Overall size - 500 MB
Once the scheduled action is completed, we will send an email with action details.
For download actions, a download link will be attached in the email. The download link will only be valid for 48 hours.
If some files were unable to be zipped, you would find the name of these files in the file Skipped_Files.txt within the zipped file.
For zip actions, a zip link will be attached in the email.
Download and Zip Limitations
Download or zip actions cannot be performed if any of the below conditions occur:
- Selected files and/or folders (include only the first level files and/or folders and not their sub folders) count crossed 500.
- The overall size of the download is above 10 GB or the zip size is above 5 GB.
- The overall count (including files, folders, and sub folders) is above 65536.
For external users, the selected files and/or folders count should not exceed 50, and their overall size of the download should not exceed 5 GB.