Each module in Cliq can be customized by the admin using the configurations and settings available in the Admin Panel. Depending on the requirements of the organization, the admin can enable and disable the modules. The free plan can only enable or disable a module, whereas the Unlimited plan allows the admin to customize each module in detail.
Note: If a module is disabled by the admin, the users will not be able to view or use it in Cliq.
With the free plan, the admin can enable or disable certain modules for the organization, but configurations and settings cannot be modified.
Let's see the modules that an admin can enable or disable under the free plan -
- Remote Work
- Live Media
- Calendar Events
- Starred Messages
- Migration Tools
- Mobile Access
- Help Resources
With the Unlimited plan, the admin can enable/disable modules as well as set configurations and settings for modules.
The modules that can be customized by the admin in the Unlimited plan are as follows:
In this module, an admin can set configurations related to the chats and channels for the organization.
The admin can set from where the org users can send attachments (Upload from computer, Attach from cloud, Whiteboard, Code Snippet and Share from WorkDrive).
The admin can uncheck the box if they want to restrict users from uploading attachments from a specific source.
- File upload limit - The admin can set upload limit for org users. The maximum size limit an admin can set for an attachment is 1GB.
- File format - The admin can configure the following options for file formats shared by users in their organization: allow users to send files of all formats, allow users to send files only of specific formats, or restrict users from sending files of specific formats.
The formats supported by Cliq are "docx", "doc", "sxc", "xlsx", "xls", xlsb", "xlsm", "csv", "tsv", "ppt", "pptx", "xml", "rtf", "pdf", "txt" and other files with "text/plain" MimeType.
Delete and edit messages
The admin can allow or restrict org users from deleting or editing a message sent and also set the time limit up to which the edit or delete action for a message is allowed.
- The time frame can be in minutes, hours or days.
- Admin can set the time frame from 1 min to 730 days.
Cliq supports message translation for all major languages powered by Zia translation. When org users receive messages in their chat window, they will be translated to their local language.
An admin can enable/disable pinning messages in a chat or channel for all the users in their organization.
The admin can enable/disable viewing read receipts of messages for org users. Also, by enabling the toggle button for "allow users in your organization to turn off their read receipts", an admin can give the users the option to choose if they want other users to view their read receipts or not.
Cliq supports a wide range of emoticons where Live Zomojis, Zomojis, Emojis are enabled by default, whereas GIFs, Custom emojis and Custom stickers can be enabled/disabled for users.
Mandate 'Original sender' info
The admin can enable/disable the original sender info for forwarded messages that allows users to include who sent the message while forwarding it.
- An admin can enable/disable channels or specific channel levels (Organization, Team, Personal, External).
- If an admin has disabled a specific channel, the channel level will not appear while creating channels.
- If there are existing channels for a particular level and an admin disables them then the channels will not appear in the search bar and also the conversations will disappear.The users will be notified of the new admin configuration made.
- If the admin enables the particular level then existing channels of that level will appear again.
Reply modes for channel levels
- Reply modes for different channel levels can be configured from the Admin Panel. The admin can set the reply mode either as "Normal Reply" or "Threads".
- The admin can also grant permission for the channel admins to modify the reply modes and close threads whenever necessary.
- The admin can configure how the users in their organization use direct messages. Direct messages can be sent by users for conversations with colleagues or external users and select whom a user can send direct messages to (Only within department, other colleagues, external users).
- When sending messages is restricted for org users under Roles, an admin can set the time the users can reply to a message.
- When an admin disables chats, the existing 1-1 and group chats will disappear. The chats will be removed from @mentions, chat history, starred messages and search results.
- Email notifications will also be disabled when chats are disabled.
- The time frame can be in minutes, hours or days.
- Admin can set the time frame from 1 min to 60 days.
- Admins can enable/disable org users to chat with guests.
In this module, admins can configure status timing and when to allow a user to set a particular status.
The following statuses are available for the admin to set configurations:
- Idle: Select the duration for user's status to turn to idle during inactivity in Cliq. The maximum idle time limit is 15 mins.
- Away, Busy, Invisible, DND, and Custom: The admin can select the following options for the Away, Busy, Invisible, DND, and Custom statuses for restriction: Allow always, Only when checked in, Only after checking out, and Never allow.
Allow Always: This status can be enabled by the user without any restriction.
Only when checked in: This status can be enabled by the user only when they have checked in.
Only after checking out: This status can be enabled by the user only after they have checked out.
Never allow: This status cannot be enabled by the user.
An admin can select which Zoho apps users can sync their statuses with based on their activity. They can also enable or disable the feature for users. An admin can also check the box "allow to modify" so that a user can configure it based on their preferences.
The admin can set time, edit status name, delete a status, add duration options for the quick statuses available under remote work.
3. Remote Work
In this module, an admin can configure if the org users can check in/out remotely, set remote work status to show availability and share live video feed.
- Allow to view meetings participants
Here the admin can select who can view meetings participants from the following options - All employees, Organization admins, Department members, Department head.
- Check in/out
When an admin enables the check in/out option, the users can check in/out from Cliq if they are working remotely and the details will be updated in Zoho People.
- Live Feed
The admin can enable/disable live feed for org users and set who has permission to view live feeds of users (All employees, Organization admins, Department members, Immediate lead, Department head).
In this module, the admin can configure if org users can connect over calls, screen share or host broadcast sessions. Enable/disable which type of live media you want your org users to access (Audio calls, Video calls, Screen Sharing, Broadcast, Audio Meetings, Video Meetings, and Whiteboard in Calls/Meetings).
In this module, the admin can configure permissions for org users to record meetings in any conversation. They can also enable/disable recordings during meetings or broadcast and also when the org users can record meetings using the following drop-down options - Allow participants to decide, record all my calls, forbid recording.
6. Calendar Events
In this module, an admin can configure if your org users can create events and include colleagues and Zia to stay updated.
In this module, an admin can configure if the org users can integrate Zoho Projects with Cliq so they can stay updated with instant alerts on tasks from Zoho Projects.
In this module, an admin can enable/disable setting up reminders to follow-up with tasks or important events for the org users.
9. Starred Messages
In this module, the admin can enable/disable bookmarking messages, files and links by starring them to view them quickly for the org users.
In this module, the admin can enable/disable permissions to use or create integration components for the org users. They can select which integration component (Bots, Commands, Message Actions, Functions, Schedulers, Databases, Extensions, Channel Webhooks, Widgets) the users can use or create. When an integration component is disabled, the org users will not be able to view them and existing ones will not get executed.
In this module, an admin can enable/disable permission for org admins to migrate teams and data from other business communication tools like Slack into their Cliq organization.
12. Mobile Access
In this module, an admin can enable/disable accessing Cliq from their mobile devices for the org users.
- If your organization has enabled EMM services, an admin can set device management token and distribute it to your EMM provider so that users cannot access Cliq from unmanaged devices.
- To enable QR Code Scanner option in the org user's android device, the admin can enable the toggle button.
13. Help Resources
In this module, an admin can enable/disable help resources available in the user panel on various updates and releases of Cliq under What's New, refer to help docs under Resources, view the upcoming webinars, send feedback, and chat with Cliq's support team if they face any issue.
14. Profile & Settings
In this module, you can allow users of your org to customize their profile settings in the user panel. Below are the notifications settings an admin can configure in Cliq -
An admin can enable/disable settings related to getting notified when org users receive new messages on desktop and set the preview on how notifications should appear. Also, by selecting "allow to modify" you can let org users to make alterations to the configurations.
An admin can enable/disable sound notifications for calls, messages, screen sharing, and chats. By selecting "allow to modify" you can let org users to make alterations to the configurations.
An admin can enable/disable when org users can receive notifications via mail. Whenever you are offline and receive a message, @mentioned or receive contact invites, you will get email notifications. By selecting "allow to modify" you can let org users to make alterations to the configurations.
An admin can enable/disable when your org users should receive notifications from Taz. Taz notifications can be set whenever a document is shared, an event is created or updated, event requests are accepted or rejected and for event reminders. By selecting "allow to modify" you can let org users to make alterations to the configurations.
- Pop ups & Banners
An admin can enable/disable when they want to receive pop-ups and banner notifications to remind org users to check-in and change status from away when active in Cliq. By selecting "allow to modify" you can let org users to make alterations to the configurations.
15. External Links
The admin can enable/disable the toggle button so that org users can access other Zoho apps from Cliq. When you enable this module, you will find a bento menu at the top-right corner of Cliq where you can access all external applications.