Zoho Developer Community Monthly Digest - October 2023
Welcome to the spooktacular October edition of the Zoho Developer Community Digest. October is a month when technology and cybersecurity awareness take center stage, as it is globally recognized as Cybersecurity Awareness Month. It's a time when developers don their virtual capes, not only to embrace the eerie vibes of Halloween but also to stand guard against ghoulish hackers. We'll be exploring how to stay safe in the digital realm and unveil some exciting updates in the developer world at Zoho. Let's get down to business!
Cybersecurity Awareness Month
With the emergence of a multitude of cyber threats, it's paramount to reinforce the importance of cyber safety and decipher the malicious threats and vulnerabilities. Zoho's dedication to data security and privacy is widely known. To uphold this commitment, Zoho participated in the Cybersecurity Awareness Month campaign. Read through this blog to understand the history of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, Zoho's theme this year, and how to leverage tools and practices to improve online security.
Zoho Developer Hangout - Episode 10
The all-new Catalyst brings you a host of services that are designed to fuel your ideas and accelerate your app development. From powerful AI/ML tools, to browser automation, to seamless application hosting, there's a solution for your every need. Read more about it here.
Zoho Cliq 5.0
An enterprise-ready and AI-driven solution designed to make your communication smarter and more efficient. Cliq 5.0 is tailored for enterprises with advanced AI features to make work effortless including additional features for smarter meetings, and a revamped developer platform. Check out what's new here.
Here are the exciting events lined up for the community in the coming weeks:
Zoho Cliq for Developers 101: In this season's Developers 101 series, we're focusing on Zoho Cliq developer platform. This is a three-part series, curated to provide a comprehensive understanding of the various Cliq Platform components, such as slash commands, bots, widgets, and more. Beyond that, it elucidates specific business problems these features address. For registration and more details, click here. Zoho Developer Hangout 11: In this episode, Zoho MVP @Bhoomi Joshi and her teammate @Ram Adarasupally, are set to share their take on the significance of custom portals, integration of Zoho applications with third-party web portals, and the technology stack involved in the underlying architecture. They will also review the business process of a custom portal in a demo that focuses on banking integrations and custom API. Register here and know more. Extensions 101 (continued): The first five sessions of this series provided an overview of several key features within the Sigma platform, such as building extensions, authentication mechanisms, authorization methods, and creating widgets. The next two sessions in this series will focus on an authentication mechanism and its relevant authorization approach for integrating Zoho CRM with other applications. Register here to participate in this exciting series. Creator Tech Connect Series: Creator's tech connect series would comprise of technical sessions that provide immersive training on the key essentials and technical nuances of building a solution in Zoho Creator. This is a great opportunity for our developer community to stay informed about Creator's new feature releases, product roadmap, best practices to follow while scripting in deluge, new deluge concepts, and cloud functions. Click here for more information.
Date: November 16th, 2023
Topic: Catchup and Release Updates in Zoho Creator
APAC & ANZ: 11 AM to 12 PM IST - Registration Link
Americas & EMEA: 9 PM to 10 PM IST - Registration Link
Creator Learning Table Series: This series is designed to provide users with valuable insights and knowledge about Creator's capabilities in various business use cases and applications. This year we've adopted the "12 Months, 12 Industries" concept. Each month, we will focus on a specific industry, illustrating its unique processes with real-time business scenarios and how to make best use of Creator for that industry.
Date: November 9th, 2023
Topic: Learning Table Series: Creator For Hospitality
APAC & ANZ: 11 AM to 12 PM IST - Registration Link
Americas & EMEA: 9 PM to 10 PM IST - Registration Link
Zoho Developer Forum
Developers ZUG Cliq Channel
Note: These conversations are confined to the Developers ZUG Cliq channel members. If you're keen on becoming a part of this space, please fill in this onboarding form to receive your invitation to join the channel.
- Following the Zoho Developer Hangout - Episode 9, @Haiku Technical Support shared an article that explains how to send JSON parameters from Client Script to a Deluge function when using ZDK.Apps.CRM.Functions.execute(). Get access to the well-regarded article here.
- When @Kamal Tiwari encountered difficulties updating an integration field in Zoho Projects using API (Deluge scripts), stepped in and pointed him in the right direction in this conversation.
- Take a look at the suggestions given by @Mike Simpson, @John Pia, and @Kurt when Anthony wanted to trigger a notification in Zoho CRM when the current owner changes from a specific set of owners.
- @Piyush Goyal was experiencing issues with Zoho CRM Client Script's "setValue" function on the Detail Page, and @Kamal Tiwari provided a helpful workaround, which you can find in this conversation.
- Looking for a way to add alerts when users click the cancel or submit buttons in Zoho Creator and understand how to call these buttons in Deluge? Find the solution in this conversation.
- @Piyush Goyal thoughtfully curated a repository of support email addresses for various products that would prove beneficial to the community. Click here to access the sheet.
- Wondering what's the best approach to setup sales territories based on Zip Codes? You're in good company! When Brian reached out for advice, Jessica provided a starting point.
We've consolidated all the resources from the developer community learning series into a centralized hub for your convenient access. Consider bookmarking the Zoho Developer Community website to stay informed about the latest updates in the developer community.
- Zoho Cliq for Developers 101: Get an overview of the tools available in the Cliq Developer Platform and their optimal use for automating daily tasks, integrating Cliq with other apps, and creating custom solutions for your business operations. Be sure not to overlook the fascinating use cases implemented by the Zoho Cliq team for our staff.
- Zobot 101: Learn all about Zobot – Zoho SalesIQ's AI-powered chatbot builder platform – and explore the ways to leverage its capabilities effectively for your business.
- Zoho Creator Webinar: Get access to the previous Zoho Creator Session Recordings below:
- Previous Session Links (Youtube):
- Playlist Links (Youtube):
- Previous Session Links (Zoho Creator Studio):
- Playlist Links (Zoho Creator Studio):
- Building Extensions for Zoho Projects #1: In the first post of this new series, we explore how to create, test, and edit a Zoho Projects extension.
- Kaizen: This series aims to benefit developers to gain insights into the various developer tools available in CRM.
- Kaizen #106: In continuation to the Kaizen 105th post, Functions and Invoke URLs are discussed in this post.
- Kaizen #107: In this post, Field Trackers in ZOHO CRM APIs are discussed.
- Kaizen #108: Learn how to integrate third-party applications with Zoho CRM using Java SDK 5.0 in this post.
- Kaizen #109: This post explores the Record Locking Configuration APIs in Zoho CRM.
- Zoho CRM Developer Updates:
- Record Locking APIs were released in versions 3, 4, and 5, that allow you to lock, unlock records, view and edit locking information of locked records.
- Upgraded the PHP SDK supporting v5 APIs to version 3.0.0.
- Upgraded the Java SDK supporting v5 APIs to version 4.0.0.
- Upgraded the NodeJS SDK supporting v5 APIs to version 3.0.0.
- Released the Python SDK supporting v5 APIs, with support for new APIs.
The contributions of our ZDH presenters have been instrumental in the success of the this segment. We extend our heartfelt appreciation for their efforts.
As a continuation of featuring a ZDH presenter each month, this time, we would like to introduce our third ZDH presenter, Christopher Mowers. Explore this post to discover the knowledge and insights he shared with the community.
Cliq Channel Contributors
The Developers ZUG Cliq channel has consistently served as the primary hub for community members seeking technical assistance and engaging in savvy discussions. Here are our top contributors who have gone the extra mile to support and assist the Zoho Developer Community:
We want to express our sincere appreciation to all our community contributors. Your commitment, expertise, and the time you invest are invaluable to the community.
For those who are new to the Zoho Developer Community, check out this post to get started.
We appreciate you dedicating your time to peruse this month's digest. Make sure to follow the digest each month for the most recent insights and conversations. Stay connected and participate in the forums to be featured in the upcoming month's digest. Wishing you a fantastic month ahead!
Zoho Developer Community Monthly Digest - January 2024
Hello everyone! Welcome to the latest edition of the Zoho Developer Community Digest. As we begin the year with renewed vigor, we're thrilled to present a roundup of engaging discussions, valuable resources, and noteworthy community highlights from January.
Zoho Developer Community - 2024 initiatives
Zoho Developer Community is a hive of innovative minds, where collaboration and knowledge sharing reign supreme. This platform offers a variety of avenues to support your development journey in Zoho, including the Developer Forum, Developers Zoho User
Sigma Extension Developer Resources - Find it all here !!!
Hello, everyone! We are excited to begin another year of our ongoing journey with all of you developers. Over the past few years, we have been working on generating content to make your extension development journey easier, and we are excited to share
Zoho Developer Community Monthly Digest - December 2023
Hello everyone, As we close out 2023's eventful journey, we're here to wrap up the latest news, updates, and inspirations from the Zoho Developer Community and peek ahead at the exciting possibilities in the new year. Let's dive right in. December Highlights
Zoho extensions 101: Build, test, and publish extensions
We are excited to announce that we are hosting a webinar series on extensions! Sessions Date Status Day 1 February 21st, 2023 Recording Day 2 March 14th, 2023 Recording Day 3 April 4th, 2023 Recording Day 4 April 25th, 2023 Recording Day 5 May 16th, 2023