Customize the Point of Sale
application installed from Marketplace
to include a membership module.
A retail store requires a regular point of sale application with certain store-specific personalizations to ease their checkout process. Instead of building the app from the ground-up, a pre-built app can be installed from the marketplace
. The installed app can later be edited to implement the required customizations.
Let's assume the Point of Sale custom app available in the Marketplace has everything the retail store needs except for the automations related to their unique membership policy. Their policy dictates, once a customer purchases their membership, an initial credit points of 100 will be added to their account. From the next purchase on, 10% of the total price will be added to the customer's credit points. At the end of each year, customers can redeem their credit points with discounts and goodies.
To record these membership purchases and credit points, the store needs an additional module in the Point of Sale app available in the marketplace. In this tutorial, let's install the Point of Sale custom app from Marketplace and personalize it according to the store's requirement.
Steps to follow
2. Edit the installed custom app and create a form with the following details.
Form Link Name
Field Link Name
Lookup (Add Customers)
3. Set the initial value
of Credit Points
fields as 100
respectively. The future addition of credit points must be based on the total amount of the customer's purchase. Therefore, let's now disable these fields.
5. Click Add New Action and save the following Deluge snippet in the Deluge editor to disable the Credit Points and Price fields.
- disable Credit_Points;
- disable Price;
7. Click Add New Action and save the following Deluge snippet.
- new_credit = input.Total * 0.1;
- record = Membership[Member == input.Customer];
- existing_credits = record.Credit_Points;
- record.Credit_Points = existing_credits + new_credit.floor();
See how it works
Points to Note
- The custom app used in this tutorial was developed by Zoho. The custom apps available in the marketplace that are developed by Zoho are free of cost. However, custom apps developed by a third-party can charge you to use them. Paid apps cannot be edited. You can use the paid apps as such or contact the developer of the custom app to implement the customizations you require.
- To publish an app in Marketplace, use developer zone.
- Understand marketplace
- Set initial values for fields