Understand multi line field
The multi line field enables your users to enter plain text, i.e., letters from any language, numbers and special characters.
The multi line field can accept any plain text that takes up to 64 Kilobytes (KB) of space.
When to use this field?
You may add the multi line field to your form when the data you need to capture:
- Does not fit well into any other type of field, including a single line field, and,
- Does not exceed the character limits, as mentioned above
In cases where you want to enable your users to enter formatted text, you must opt to add a rich text field to your form.
You can perform the following customizations for the user experience of the multi line field:
- Customize the field name and field link name of this field
- Make it mandatory for your users to enter an input in this field
- Enable users to scan of a QR code or bar code to enter an input in this field
- Show this field only to the app’s admin (and hide it from other users)
- Change this field's type
- Set this field’s size
- Set this field's height
- Describe this field using a tooltip or a help text
- Order management: Imagine that you sell some products and are building an app to manage the orders. You may add a multi line field to enable your users to enter any special instructions to be considered with respect to the delivery of their orders.