Not getting enough notifications on your tasks and milestones ? or annoyed with too much of notifications in your project like the Candy Crush requests that spam your Facebook wall ? ;)
Here’s a quick tip on how to manage the Emails that you receive in Zoho Projects.
Navigate to your Personal Settings and land on the Email Notification tab. You can configure your notifications for various events on tasks, milestones, documents etc.
- To manage Emails that you receive for the tasks created by others, go to the Notify me when a Task is... section. Check or uncheck the options according to your business needs.
- To manage Emails that you receive for the tasks that you create, go to the Notify me when a Task I created is... section. Check or uncheck the options according to your business needs.
- Similarly go to the Notify me when a Milestone is... section for the milestones created by others and the Notify me when a Milestone I created is... section for the milestones created by you respectively and select the options that match your needs.
- You will also find a common section where you can opt to get or not get the Emails related to forums, documents and messages.
Email My Activities - setting
After you configure the notifications for the above mentioned modules like tasks, milestones, documents etc., and when you scroll the screen down a little, you will find this
Email My Activities section.
When you complete the configuration in this section, you will be able to...
- Receive the consolidated list of overdue tasks, pending tasks, and milestones across all the projects.
- Receive the consolidated list of unassigned tasks and bugs (i.e. tasks or bugs that don't have an owner) across all the projects.
I am not the Admin in my project. Will I be able to configure the email notifications ?
Ans : Irrespective of the role that you play in your project, you will be able to configure the settings for your email ID.
2. Is it not enough if the Admin configures this setting in his account alone. Will it be applicable to all the portal users ?
Ans: No, the Email Notification setting that the Admin configures is applicable only for his account and all other portal users have to configure the settings on their own in their respective accounts.
Hope this tip will come in handy in your everyday routine and help you get the right notifications at the right time.
Have a great day!
Tip of the Week: Task Sorting
I believe that sorting of tasks helps managing the activities in a better fashion. You might second it too . By default, the tasks are listed chronologically. However, you can sort the tasks either by its title, start date, end date, priority, created by and percentage completion. All you have to do is, click the Task Sorting option and select the required criteria. Few points to be noted about task sorting: This option is available in the Classic View only (within My Tasks, Tasks & Milestones section).
Tip of the Week: Task Dependency (Duration in Hours)
I hope the tip on task dependency helped in understanding how it works in Zoho Projects. In a real-time, the successor task may or may not start on the predecessor's completion date. On either case, a project management tool should allow the users to set dependency between tasks. Ain't it? In Zoho Projects, the Task Duration in Hours option allows the users to set dependency between tasks that ends and starts on the same day. The Portal Owner and Admin role users can activate this option from the
Tip of the Week: Task Dependency
Task Dependency - a feature that allows the users to establish dependency / linking between tasks within the project. Points to be noted with respect to this feature: Task Dependency can be set only from the Dependency View section within the Tasks & Milestones module Tasks setup with duration (start & end date) will only be displayed in the Dependency View The supported dependency model is Finish to Start Dependency can be established only between the tasks in the same project A task can be dependent
Tip # 3 - Follow And Add Followers To Your Project Modules
Besides owning effective managers and quick-witted employees, you need to have supportive followers for accomplishing your project goals. Accompanying this note, today, lets run through a quick and easy tip on 'How to follow and add followers to your project activities?' . Follow the project activities all by yourself -Follow to get real-time milestone updates Milestones are nothing but your project goals, which can ultimately uplift your projects' quality to the next level. Now, users in the portal
Tip of the Week: Drag and Drop option in Calendar
As the thoughts flow in your mind, you plan the tasks, provide duration and assign users. While you go through the calendar later, you feel that a couple of tasks should needs to be postponed by a couple of days. Do you navigate to the Tasks & Milestones section and change the task duration? is the question I have for you. In case of YES, I would say that the task duration can be changed from the Calendar module itself. All you need to do is: Drag the task bar and Drop it on the required date. Note: