The Reels feature on Instagram has taken the internet by storm, grabbing the attention of users in short bursts through fun and entertaining content. Reels are short vertical videos that have a duration of three seconds up to 90 seconds, and can be added with suitable music, effects, and voice-overs to your Instagram account.
These reels can be quite engaging, for personal as well as business content, because content creators are coming up with innovative ideas to engage their audience with content that's easy for viewers to engage with.
To help make it easy to keep up with this trend, Zoho Social supports publishing Reels!
Duration - A video with a minimum duration of 3 seconds and a maximum duration of 90 seconds.
Aspect ratio - Between 1/100:1 and 10:1
Maximum rows (Vertical pixels) - 1080
Maximum columns (Horizontal pixels) - 1920
Maximum file size - 1GB
Instagram Reels is available to all customers on Standard, Professional, and Premium Plans, as well as Agency editions.
Post Instagram Reels in the web version
For posting Reels on your Instagram account through Zoho Social, ensure that the video meets the requirements supported by the channel. You can also add the same video to other channels if it meets the individual channel requirements.
- Click New post from the top right corner of your window.
- Choose the channel as Instagram and select Reels from the drop-down list.
- Click the image icon and choose the video you want to post as a Reel on Instagram.
- Once the video is uploaded, Social provides you with two options:
- Choose a custom video thumbnail - From the suggested images, you can choose the thumbnail you prefer to use as a cover for your reel.
- Choose frame - You can click the + icon to customise and choose a frame from the video timeline. Once you choose the required frame, click Apply to add it to the thumbnail suggestions.
- Select the Add to Instagram feeds check box if you wish to add it to your main feed.
- Add a relevant caption and publish the post by choosing any one of the Publishing options supported on Social: Publish Now, Schedule for a specific date, Queue, or SmartQ.
Post Instagram Reels using the Zoho Social mobile application
- Select the Compose icon to create a new post.
- Choose the channel as Instagram.
- Choose the video you want to post from your gallery. Click the Reel icon to publish the video as a Reel.
- Select the Add to Instagram feeds check box to add the video to your main feed.
- Trim a longer video to the size that fits the channel specifications.
- Add a relevant caption and publish the post by choosing any one of the Publishing options supported on Social - Publish Now, Schedule for a specific date, Queue, SmartQ. Once published, you can view the post under the Published Posts tab on your Social mobile application, and they are displayed with a Reel icon.
You can now share a video within the mentioned aspect ratio and duration as an Instagram Reel via Zoho Social directly from your gallery.
Post insights are certain metrics that are available for each post made on the channels linked to Zoho Social under the Posts tab. These metrics are monitored to understand the performance of your posts and the total people it reached on the respective channels.
You can view the insights of the reels you posted under Post stats. The statistics available for reels are:
Likes - The number of likes on the Reel.
Comments - The number of comments on the Reel.
Shares - The number of times the Reel was shared.
Saved - The number of times the Reel was saved.
Video plays - The total number of plays on the Reel.
Reach - The number of people who viewed the Reel on their screens.
Total Interactions - The number of likes, comments and shares the Reel received.