1. Why should I integrate Zoho CRM with Zoho Desk?
Zoho Desk is a cloud-based help desk application that lets you manage and resolve your customer inquiries, complaints, and doubts along with offering self-help articles to help your customers resolve issues themselves.
CRM lets your business acquire customers and make deals with them, but what about after-sales services? If your company is poor at providing after-sales services to your customers, it will directly impact your customer retention. Businesses need to be customer-centric and customers shall be the king, but this can only be achieved if you’re able to provide real-time support to your customers when they need you. Zoho Desk has been created keeping these factors in mind to empower your support team to assist your customers and improve the overall customer experience. It allows you to get the analytics and customers’ feedback to refine and improve your support system.
With the integration of your CRM with Desk, you’re empowered with customer acquisition, retention, and satisfaction. Let's see in detail what this integration brings to you:
1. Maintain a unified database of customer information using the two-way sync for contacts, accounts, and products along with their data for custom fields, if any.
2. Users can view the relevant ticket information pulled from Desk in the modules (i.e., leads, contacts, deals, accounts, products, vendors, cases) of your CRM account. You can view the tickets, send replies, add comments, and see all of the relevant information within your CRM.
3. You have the consolidated data about your customers, their purchases, their interests, along with their issues/problems (tickets) all at one place, which gives you context while handling those customers, such as what type of product they have purchased and what their requirements are.
4. CRM contains the customer data and Desk contains the problem statements by the customer. Linking them with each other gives you an idea of what and where you need to improve. What are the common problems your customers face and what are the bottlenecks? Overall, you have an idea and context of your customers' problems along with the deals you have with them.
2. Which edition of Zoho CRM is required to integrate with Zoho Desk?
All of the paid editions of Zoho CRM support Zoho Desk integration.
3. How can I integrate Zoho CRM with Zoho Desk?
In Zoho CRM, navigate to Setup > Marketplace > Zoho > Zoho CRM > Perform on Screen Instructions to complete the integration.
Note : For this integration, you must have administrator privileges in Zoho CRM.
Select the portal for which you want this integration from the drop-down menu.
Click here to learn more about Zoho CRM integration with Zoho Desk.
4. Does the data between CRM and Desk sync instantly, and what is a sync direction?
The first sync will take some time to complete depending on the volume of records that need to be synced from Zoho Desk to CRM and vice versa, post which records will sync instantly without any delay.
Records are synced from CRM to Desk and vice versa. Sync direction means while you are integrating your CRM with Desk, you may configure it in such a way either your CRM data will be synced to Desk or both your CRM and Desk data are synced two ways, which is referred to as one-way and two-way syncs.
If you choose one-way sync, CRM data such as accounts, contacts, and products will be reflected in Desk, making CRM the parent database. If you choose two-way sync, then the data will be shared between CRM and Desk and all of the related records will be shared with each other.
The choice of one-way or two-way sync can be selected depending on your requirements.
5. Will a duplicate check be done while syncing entries from CRM to Desk?
Yes, the records will be checked for duplicates while syncing entries from CRM to Desk.
6. How is the deletion of data handled in CRM and Desk after integration?
If you have enabled two-way sync, then the deletion of any record from Desk will delete the corresponding record in CRM and vice versa.
If you have enabled one-way sync, then the CRM is considered to be a parent folder and the record deleted from CRM will be deleted from Desk. However, the records in CRM won't be deleted if the records are deleted from your Desk.
7. Which modules are synced between Zoho CRM and Desk?
Accounts and Contacts modules in CRM are synced to the corresponding accounts and contacts module in Desk.
The Products module in CRM is synced to the Products module in Zoho Desk.
8. Is it mandatory for a user to be a part of CRM and Desk to handle Desk tickets in CRM?
Yes, to create or reply to tickets via your CRM, the user must be a part of both CRM and Desk. However, if the user is not a part of Zoho Desk, they will still be able to view tickets, related information, priority, due dates, assigned agents, etc., in CRM but won’t be able to send replies or create tickets in Desk.
9. Why are tickets not showing up in CRM after completing the Zoho CRM-Desk integration setup?
It’s possible that during integration some fields were not properly mapped, or there may be some error in fetching the data to or from Desk. If your issue persists even after re-integrating your CRM and Desk account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Zoho registered email along with your Zoho user ID and a few sample contact IDs. We will check the logs in the backend and initiate a bulk fetch from our side.
10. Why do I see fewer tickets for a client in CRM than my colleague?
This is because while setting up the integration, your administrator changed the way that a CRM user can view tickets in the Contacts and Accounts module.
There are two options available for selection on the Desk Integration page.
In the first option, users in your CRM account can view the tickets from all of the departments in Desk.
In the second option, only the users who are the part of the department to which the tickets belong will be able to view them.
Users with admin rights can change the option according to their requirements in CRM from Setup > Marketplace > Zoho > Zoho Desk.
Zoho Desk uses the email address of the ticket sender to check whether any record in CRM (contacts or accounts) has the same email address. If a contact or account has the same email address, it will be reflected in the CRM Related list in the ticket. Therefore, please check whether the email address of the ticket and the email address of the CRM contact or account are the same.
If the email exists and yet the data is not being fetched, go to that record in your CRM account and click on the refresh button next to Zoho Desk, in the Zoho Desk Related list.
12. Our clients use client portals in CRM and the help center in Desk. Can client portals be unified for better visibility?
As of now, the client portal of CRM and Desk are independent of each other.
However, a unified client portal is on our road map and will be made available to our users soon.
13. Can I push the custom modules in my CRM to Desk?
No, you won't have an option to integrate a custom module at the time of integration.
However, if you have an Enterprise or Ultimate edition of Zoho CRM, you can write us an email at email@example.com with your requirements. Our support team will analyze the feasibility and get back to you with a solution. We have the option to write a custom function to transfer data from the Custom module to Desk.
14. Will I be notified about the integration status along with sync stats?
Yes, once the Zoho CRM/Desk integration is completed, you’ll receive an email notification along with stats of added, updated, and ignored records and the reason for skipped records, if any.
15. Is it possible to configure two-way integration after originally configuring one-way integration?
Yes, it is possible.
To change your sync direction:
Log in to your Zoho CRM account with Administrator privileges.
Click the Setup icon in the top bar.
Click Zoho under the Marketplace menu.
On the Zoho page, select Zoho Desk.
On the Zoho Desk integration page, click Edit next to the corresponding module from Sync Settings.
Select Two way sync on the Configure Sync page.
Note: Updating the CRM field that is mapped to a Zoho Desk field will not affect records that are already synced. Only the records that are created or modified after the update will reflect this change.
You have successfully switched the sync type of the Zoho CRM integration.
16. How can I deactivate the CRM-Desk integration and what will happen on deactivation?
You can deactivate Zoho Desk integration at any time.
No further data sync will take place between Zoho CRM and Zoho Desk.
You’ll no longer be able to view ticket information from Zoho Desk in your CRM account.
Zoho Desk-related lists will be removed from the record details page of the modules.
Linking of deals with tickets will be permanently deleted.
All active synchronizations will be halted.
To deactivate Zoho CRM integration:
Click the Setup icon in the top bar.
Click Zoho under the Marketplace menu.
On the Zoho page, click Zoho Desk.
Click the Deactivate button in the upper-right corner of the Integration page.
A new tab will appear. Click I Understand. Deactivate now.
The Zoho CRM integration is now deleted from your Desk account.
17. What happens to the integration when my Zoho CRM trial expires or is downgraded to the free edition?
When your trial expires or you downgrade your CRM edition to free, the sync will be paused, and data transfer between CRM and Desk will no longer work. You won't be able to view the related Desk data in your CRM account and vice versa.
Integration can be resumed by upgrading your account back to the paid edition.
We hope that this list of frequently asked questions about CRM-Desk Integration is informative. If you still have questions that haven't been addressed, please let us know. We will be happy to discuss them with our subject matter experts and add them in the future. And please don't forget to share your rating below!