An Instagram business account provides a chance for businesses to strengthen their marketing game. It gives detailed analytics about post performance, followers demographics, and the ability to advertise and promote ads. Similar to this is the Facebook page, where artists, public figures, organizations, and businesses can connect with their audience.
To optimize the usage of the features and tools available for your Instagram Business account, you have to link it to a Facebook page. By doing this, businesses who manage both channels will be able to post the same content to both places simultaneously, hence reducing the efforts. You can manage your messages from a unified inbox, sync all your business information, run ads on both platforms, set up Instagram shopping, and gain access to cross-app tools and various other business features.
Once you have authorized
your Instagram Business Profile with a Facebook Page, you can access features
like Direct Publishing, commenting, and creating hashtag search columns
on Zoho Social. Read more about why Facebook requires you to do this
The Facebook Classic experience provided a platform to manage both your personal profile and page from a single place. Different page roles like admins, moderators, editors could be assigned to users, and people could choose either to like or follow the page.
The New Pages experience on Facebook has been introduced as a resource for public figures, businesses, and others who want to build and connect with an audience, and manage their professional presence on Facebook. This comes with a redesigned layout and improved features to make the platform look more advanced.
The Facebook new page gives you access to new page management features, like the ability to assign and manage admin access permissions based on specific tasks, in addition to the features in classic experience.
All these business tools and features are only available if your connected Instagram account is a business account, as personal accounts can't be integrated via third-party apps.
Reasons why you're unable to connect your Instagram account to Zoho Social:
- Your Instagram Business account is not properly connected with its Facebook Page.
- There are missing permissions for Zoho Social in your Facebook settings.
- You are yet to resolve missing alerts about your connection in Facebook - Meta Business Suite.
Here are some detailed troubleshooting steps to fix these issues, and connect your channels without any setbacks.
Fix your connection in Classic Page
To review the connection or to connect your Instagram and Facebook in Classic Page:
- Go to Facebook Page settings -> Instagram section.
If the issue is with the connection, an alert will be displayed here.
- Click Review Connection to resolve the issue.
- Reconnect to your Instagram account by entering the password if required.
To update missing permissions in Classic Page:
- Go to your Facebook Profile and click your profile picture at the top right corner.
- Select Settings & privacy -> Settings -> Business Integrations.
- Click View and edit next to Zoho Social.
- Tick all the permissions to be provided for the connection between Instagram and Facebook.
- Click Save.
- Retry connecting your Instagram account to Zoho Social.
Fix your connection in New Pages
To review the connection or to connect your Instagram and Facebook in New Pages:
- Go to business.facebook.com and switch to your Facebook business page.
- Check for alerts on the homepage.
- Click Get Started and confirm to provide access.
- Authenticate by logging into your Instagram account. This will confirm the connection and redirect you to Zoho Social.
To update missing permissions in New Pages:
- Switch to your Facebook profile.
- Go to Settings & privacy -> Settings -> Security and login -> Business integrations.
To initiate/check the connection in New Pages web version:
- Switch to your Facebook business page.
- Go to Professional Dashboard -> Linked Accounts.
- Check if your Instagram account is listed. If not, authenticate and add the account.
To initiate/check the connection in Instagram mobile app:
- Go to your profile by tapping in the bottom right of your Instagram mobile app and click Edit Profile.
- Click Page and add your Facebook page.
You can either link to an existing facebook page, or disconnect and associate with the right facebook page.
We hope this helped resolve your issue.
If the connection problem persists, please reach out to the support team at email@example.com and share a screenshot of your Facebook page settings -> Instagram account for troubleshooting.