The following entities are available as part of Zoho DataPrep.
- Ruleset Template
- User groups
- Saved data connections
DataPrep - Organization
An Organization is set up by the Account admin for your organization in DataPrep.
An organization is tied to one account and the Account admin will have full access to perform read, write and share operations in all workspaces, datasets, ruleset templates, and other entities such as the saved connections and user groups of their organization.
There can only be one user tied to the Account admin role at any given time in Zoho DataPrep.
to learn more.
Workspaces are entities that hold the various datasets imported into Zoho DataPrep. Organization admins carry out the responsibility of creating and managing workspaces in DataPrep.
Organization admins in Zoho DataPrep are designated by the Account admin during the DataPrep setup process.
The workspaces are displayed on the Home Page and they can be shared by the Organization admins to other users with edit, share or export permissions.
Each workspace can contain multiple datasets. A dataset is a collection of discrete items of related data.
The collection of datasets are visible on the Workspace Details page. Datasets can be reloaded with data, exported, shared, renamed and more from the workspace details page.
The transforms applied on a dataset can be saved as a ruleset template and shared with other users. You can save the entire ruleset as a template or select specific rules and save them as a ruleset template. Click here
to learn about Rulesets.
To save ruleset as template
1. Open your dataset and click the Ruleset icon in the top-right corner to view the Ruleset pane.
2. Click the icon and choose the Save as template option to save all the rules as a ruleset template. You can also select specific rules and save them as a ruleset template.
3. Enter a Template Name, Description (optional) to the template (e.g. "Marketing data") and click Save.
Note: The parsing details are saved only if all the rules in the ruleset are saved as a template.
Customize ruleset template
You can select specific rules and save them as a ruleset template.
To customize ruleset template
1. Select the rules that you want to save as template.
2. Click the
icon choose Save as Template
3. Provide a Template Name and Description (optional) to the template.
4. Click Save.
You can view, share, rename and remove the templates from the Ruleset Templates tab on the Workspace details page.
Users can view the sync status of the workspace from the Sync status tab on the workspace details page.
The status of the import and export schedules can be viewed here. Click the respective icons to view each of the import, prepare, and export summary of the schedule.
You can click the View sync status for all workspaces link at the top-right corner. The sync status for all the workspaces in the organization will be listed here.
You can also click the Operations history icon near each sync status to view and track its previous states and time of occurrence of the import and export schedules.
Users can create user groups to share entities. User groups can be created to share entities such as workspaces, datasets, ruleset templates and saved data connections to a group of users.
A user can create any number of user groups to share entities to users in bulk. User groups can be assigned with roles which determines the permissions all users in the group can have for the entities shared with the group.
The groups created by the Account admin and the Organization admins will be visible to all the users in the organization. The groups created by users other than account admin and organization admin will be visible to all the users from the Sharing panel to share datasets or workspace. Any user with sharing permissions can share entities with these groups. However, you can view those groups under the User ad group access > Groups tab, if you are:
- A workspace admin: You can access the user groups that you created, groups to which you have shared any entity, and the groups in which you are a member. You can also edit the sharing permissions of the groups created by you and the groups where an entity is shared. You can manage, rename and delete groups that were created by you as a workspace admin.
- An Editor: You cannot create a group but you can view the groups in which you are a member and those groups to which you have shared an entity. You can also edit the sharing permissions of those entities shared by you.
Saved data connections
DataPrep saves your data connections to avoid hassles in keying the connection details often.
The saved connections can be accessed from the Choose a data source section while importing the dataset.
You can share, edit and remove the saved data connection as required.
A user to whom the saved connection is shared can only use the connection to import or export data through the connection.
They cannot share, edit or remove the saved connection.