US, IN, EU,AU
|Roles|| Entire organization || Team |
|Organizational Admins|| ✔|| ✔|
|Members|| || ✔|
An organization wants to create a website for its newly launched product.
Website creation involves collaboration. Teams have to keep track of each other's tasks, collaborate on idea's and acknowledge dependencies. In short they need a shared work space that leverages them to post notes, upload documents and see at a glance, what every one in their team is upto.
- Install Trello extension to manage your projects from Cliq
- Keep track of every minute detail about your project with Trello.
- Create your trello cards and assign tasks easily.
- Configure permissions and set up your default boards connection via Cliq
What this help page will cover:
- Getting started with Trello
- Trello in Cliq
- /trello command
- Message Action (Create a card)
- Trello Widget
Getting started with Trello
- Click here to go to Trello extension page in Marketplace. (Or)
- Go to Cliq marketplace (https://marketplace.zoho.com/cliq) --> In the Categories displayed in LHS, select Collaboration --> Trello.
- The Trello extension page will open. Here, an overview of the extension will be displayed along with screenshots and reviews.
- Click on Install button.
Trello in Cliq
Trello in Cliq consists of a slash command and a message action. The initial steps to get started with Trello integration are consents and authentication as described below.
- The first time you perform any action that has to connect with Trello, you will get an authentication dialog requesting permission to connect with your Trello account. After authenticating your account, the connection will be established between your Trello and Cliq.
- Also on using any component of Trello integration the very first time, you will get a consents box requesting permission to access your data. This consents box is to ensure privacy by letting you know how your data will be handled. To know more, check out the related link at the bottom of this page.
Use this command to view any of the open cards, and you can also update the checklists of this card. Type /trellocard and execute the command, in the interactive form that appears, select the board, pick the list and choose the card that you want to view from it, and hit the View button. The card details will be displayed as a message card in the chat window only to you. You can choose to share the card by clicking on Post here. In this card, you have options to view and update the checklist, archive the card and also to view it in Trello for further updates.
On clicking Checklist, one checklist of that card will be displayed as an individual message card with options to view other checklists. You can check or uncheck an item by clicking on the buttons provided.
- As you converse and come up with tasks and to-dos, you can send it as a card to your Trello board with just a simple click. Hover over the message, click on Actions (3 dots) -> Select (You can select upto 25 messages or 15 messages+ 10 attachments to upload as a card simultaneously).
- Click on the Trello icon in the action bar at the bottom of the chat. For first time users will have to grant permission for Cliq API to access your Trello account. Fill in other details, pick the board and list, and hit on Create button to create your card in Trello.
Note : Creating a card action can be performed even on texts with file attachments. But there is a size limit of upto 3 MB for the file attachments. Please make sure that none of the selected files exceeds this limit during upload or that specific file will be skipped.
The Trello widget consists of the following tabs to manage the tasks with ease.
When you click on the Board tab in the widget you will see a configure button, clicking on it will open a Set up Default Board dialog box.
Click on the Board drop down, search and select the board of your choice
Here are the insights you can get from the Boards tab
- Modify Board - Clicking on Modify Board will open Configure board set-up dialog, click on Choose a board dropdown and select the board you want to view.
- List - Clicking on Modify List will open Configure Trello card dialog, click on Select a list and choose from the Choose a list dropdown, then click on Save.
Below the header you can see the all the tasks created via Trello, the details of who it is assigned to and the due date of the task. The tasks are equipped with the following options.
- View comments : To view the comments added to a task click on Viewcomments button. On clicking it, the comments added to the task can be seen along with the name of the user adding the comment and the time of the comment.
- Add comments : To add a comment to a task, click on Add comment button, a Add comment dialog will appear, enter your comment and click on Add comments.
There is an Link button made available adjacent to each task, on clicking on it, the board will open in Trello.
The Help lists out all the capabilities available in Trello to help you use it better.
Now that you know how Trello integration works in Cliq, install it to manage your tasks, and to turn your conversations into actions—right from within Cliq.
INSTALL IN MY CLIQ