A team member can share a file or folder with WorkDrive Groups and Org Groups.
- Groups created within WorkDrive are called WorkDrive Groups.
- Groups created within Zoho One (Collaboration Groups), Workplace (including email enabled groups), and Zoho Directory are called Org Groups.
To share a file or folder with Groups:
1. Navigate to the left pane and click My Folders or a Team Folder to open it on the right.
2. Select a file or folder and click the share icon in the top actions bar. A share dialog box will appear. Alternatively, you can right-click a file or folder and select
3. Enter a Group
name and assign an access level. If this is an email-enabled Workplace Group, enter the Group
email address and assign an access level.
- When a file or folder is shared with a Group, each team member in the group will receive both email and bell notifications. However, when a file or folder is shared with the email-enabled group (in Workplace), only an email notification will be sent to the group email address and not to individual team members.
- If a member already has access to the file or folder in addition to the role added via the group, the higher ranking role of the member will apply.
- The Groups feature is available in all WorkDrive plans.
The files and folders shared with a group can be accessed from the Shared with Me section.
To find files and folders shared with a group:
1. Navigate to the left pane and click
Shared with Me to open it on the right.
2. Click the dropdown next to
All in the top actions bar.
Groups, select the required group name or email address.
All files and folders shared with that particular group will be listed.