Available only in Enterprise Edition
eMudhra is a Certifying Authority licensed by the Controller of Certifying Authorities, under the Government of India, that operates under the guidelines set by the Information Technology Act, 2000. eMudhra integration allows secure signing of electronic documents by authenticating signer using eMudhra e-KYC services. eMudhra helps subscribers who use Digital Certificates for Income Tax, Banking, Railways, and several other needs.
This integration consumes additional Zoho Sign credits to activate the license for each of your users in your account.
The integration can be split into three parts;
- Enabling eMudhra
- Configuring eMudhra
- Signer Side Experience
How to enable eMudhra:
1. From the left navigation pane, Click Settings > Integrations.
2. Enable the service, then click Manage User to open a new modal where the admin can associate the users.
3. Once a new user has been added, a new modal with the alert message of the credits being deducted will be displayed.
- Each user you associate with this identity provider will consume 100 zoho sign credits on an annual basis.
- There is no additional fee to sign documents through this integration
- Each users must also complete eKYC with eMudhra to use this integration.
Configuring eMudhra account
After eMudhra a has been enabled for the associated user, the user needs to register their respective account, which can be done by clicking here.
- Once added, this configuration cannot be modified
- After the registration has been successfully completed, the credentials will be shared through the registered email id and mobile number.
- Enter the credentials to integrate eMudhra with Zoho Sign to digitally sign the documents.
- The signed document will be saved in their Zoho Sign account, as usual.
Senders can now enforce their signers to sign documents only with eMudhra eKYC sent from Zoho Sign. Learn how.
Signer Side Experience
1. Apart from the default Zoho Sign option, the user can find the option of eMudhra from the drop down menu at the top-right corner of the signing page.
2. Users will be redirected to the eMudhra eSign Service website. Upon successful authentication, the document will be signed with their certificate.
This feature can be used only if the user has successfully enabled the eMudhra integration.
How does eMudhra Works
1. The signer receives a signing link to sign a document in Zoho Sign.
2. If the signer wishes to sign the document with eMudhra, the signer can choose the option from the dropdown list box at the top-right corner of the signing page.
3. The signer will use their eMudhra credentials and OTP to finish the signing process in eMudhra. Once the signing process is completed, the signers will get the signed copy over email, or can download the copy by accessing the initial signing link.