Introducing Zoho Creator's v2 APIs
Hello App Creators,
Welcome to Zoho Creator's v2 APIs! This post will serve as the central point for migrating implementations of Creator's current APIs (v1) to v2.
Improvements that v2 brings
- OAuth-based authentication, which is more secure than the authtokens
- Support for the PATCH and DELETE methods
- Better structuring of the API request: form data is to be added to the request’s body in the JSON format
- Better error handling resulting from a more insightful set of error codes and messages
- Better performance in comparison to the current version (v1)
- No keyword restrictions
Other things to know
- v2 APIs accept only JSON inputs, and return the response in the JSON format
- The request rate is the same for v2 APIs as well — 50 requests per minute per API endpoint per IP address
- Unlike v1, there's no limit to the response size in v2. However, v2 APIs can process a maximum of 200 records per request.
- The Get Record - Detail View API will not fetch the records displayed in the related data blocks (if any)
- For Creator 5 accounts, the view records API (v1) fetches data from the fields that are displayed in the quick view and detail view. The corresponding v2 APIs are view-specific: Get Record - Detail View and Get Records - Quick View.
Migration to v2
Zoho Creator’s v1 APIs will reach their end-of-life on 3rd February, 2021. Thus we recommend that you use our v2 APIs for upcoming implementations and start migrating your v1 implementations as soon as possible.
To migrate your v1 implementations to v2, in short:
- Revisit the reasons for which you used our v1 APIs.
- Identify the scopes you'll require for those operations.
- Register the client applications that are to use the Creator APIs, by creating client credentials for them.
- Generate access and refresh tokens.
- Set up connections from your applications to Zoho Creator using the corresponding client credentials, scopes, and access tokens.
We’ll be provisioning the following in the near future — we’ll keep you all posted.
- Adding the Creator scopes to the Zoho OAuth connection - DONE - about the scopes
- v2 API-based Deluge tasks to integrate with Zoho Creator - DONE - Help Documents
- Bulk APIs — APIs that will allow you to process records beyond the 200 limit
- - - - - - - -
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Lakshman | Zoho Creator Team
Introducing Zoho Creator's v2 APIs
Hello App Creators, Welcome to Zoho Creator's v2 APIs! This post will serve as the central point for migrating implementations of Creator's current APIs (v1) to v2. Improvements that v2 brings OAuth-based authentication, which is more secure than the
It's time to evolve: Upgrading to Zoho Creator 5
Dear App Creators, With our commitment to continually refining and improving our user experience, we're gearing up to upgrade all accounts to Creator 5 on (UPDATED) from December 1st, 2020 , in phases . In other words, from this date forward, all your
Upcoming updates - October-November, 2020
Hello App Creators, We'll be rolling out the following updates in the next 4-5 weeks: Support for encrypting IP addresses Applying permissions while printing and exporting Using pixels to specify font size in pages Connections for panels and Deluge integration
Zoho Creator positioned as a Visionary in 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms
Hi folks, We come bearing good news! We are delighted to share that Gartner has named Zoho Creator a "Visionary" in this year's Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-code Application Platforms (LCAP). Gartner Magic Quadrant for Low-code Application
Upcoming updates - July 2019
Hello App Creators, We’re here with another set of updates. During Jul-2019, the Zoho Creator team will be rolling out the following feature updates: subform.insert() and subform.clear() Zia-powered smart data import during form creation Ability to control rendering of HTML content in Formula field Lookup data from Radio and Drop down fields Setting background images for panels Here are the links to the recent posts in this series: Apr-2019 updates, May-June updates. Refer to our changelog for the
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Orchestly Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.