Introducing Zoho Creator's v2 APIs
Hello App Creators,
Welcome to Zoho Creator's v2 APIs! This post will serve as the central point for migrating implementations of Creator's current APIs (v1) to v2.
Improvements that v2 brings
- OAuth-based authentication, which is more secure than the authtokens
- Support for the PATCH and DELETE methods
- Better structuring of the API request: form data is to be added to the request’s body in the JSON format
- Better error handling resulting from a more insightful set of error codes and messages
- Better performance in comparison to the current version (v1)
- No keyword restrictions
Other things to know
- v2 APIs accept only JSON inputs, and return the response in the JSON format
- The request rate is the same for v2 APIs as well — 50 requests per minute per API endpoint per IP address
- Unlike v1, there's no limit to the response size in v2. However, v2 APIs can process a maximum of 200 records per request.
- The Get Record - Detail View API will not fetch the records displayed in the related data blocks (if any)
- For Creator 5 accounts, the view records API (v1) fetches data from the fields that are displayed in the quick view and detail view. The corresponding v2 APIs are view-specific: Get Record - Detail View and Get Records - Quick View.
Migration to v2
Zoho Creator’s v1 APIs will reach their end-of-life on 3rd February, 2021. Thus we recommend that you use our v2 APIs for upcoming implementations and start migrating your v1 implementations as soon as possible.
To migrate your v1 implementations to v2, in short:
- Revisit the reasons for which you used our v1 APIs.
- Identify the scopes you'll require for those operations.
- Register the client applications that are to use the Creator APIs, by creating client credentials for them.
- Generate access and refresh tokens.
- Set up connections from your applications to Zoho Creator using the corresponding client credentials, scopes, and access tokens.
We’ll be provisioning the following in the near future — we’ll keep you all posted.
- Adding the Creator scopes to the Zoho OAuth connection - DONE - about the scopes
- v2 API-based Deluge tasks to integrate with Zoho Creator - DONE - Help Documents
- Bulk APIs — APIs that will allow you to process records beyond the 200 limit
- - - - - - - -
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Lakshman | Zoho Creator Team
Zoho Creator - 2023 Release Projection 1
Hello everyone! A very Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope you're all good and having a great time using Zoho Creator to make your lives easier and your businesses prosper. 2022 was an action-packed year for us at Creator, and we hope to continue
Zoho Creator User Group meetups in a city near you! - Oct - Nov, 2023
Greetings from the Zoho Creator team! We're hosting a series of Zoho Creator meetups in various cities across the globe, and we'd love to meet you there! Our meetups are a great opportunity to network with industry peers, exchange ideas and best practices,
Zoho Creator - 2023 Release Projection 2
Hello everyone! Time truly flies when you're having an incredible journey, and today we mark the completion of an eventful and action-packed six months. It feels like just yesterday when we embarked on this adventure together with the launch of our new
Upcoming Updates - August 2022
Hi all, Greetings from the Zoho Creator team! Today we've got news for you on some exciting updates. And rest assured— there’s more to come! In this post, we'll be going over the upcoming features and improvements for this month as mentioned below. A
Introducing Zoho Creator's v2 APIs
Hello App Creators, Welcome to Zoho Creator's v2 APIs! This post will serve as the central point for migrating implementations of Creator's current APIs (v1) to v2. Improvements that v2 brings OAuth-based authentication, which is more secure than the
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.