Zoho Writer Template filled in by form to create new Zoho Writer document , then using a function to share and send link to the new Writer document to an email address
We have set up Zoho Writer template that takes a user input from a form and then created a new Zoho Writer document into a folder. This is done by using the Zoho Writer automation feature for Forms, and under the heading:
OUTPUT SETTINGS ON MERGE
we selected Save copy to a folder.
In the popup window that displays, we select an appropriate folder. The Save As field is set to Writer document. Tests show that the new writer documents generated once the form is filled are being created correctly.
However, we now want to create a After Merge, execute a custom function option. The function needs to do the following:
- Share the document with full editing rights to an email included in the form. For example, we have a "Customer Email" field on the form, and so want to share the newly created writer document to the email address the person enters in that field.
- Ideally, pass the newly created document URL, email address, and a few other fields from the form (e.g. company name, check box, etc.) to a webhook so that it can be processes by Zoho Flow.
- Send an email to the "Customer Email" with a link to the newly created writer document, so they canthen go to the document and begin editing it.
My main challenge is that I do not know to get the newly created document ID and URL within the custom function. I have not been able to find documentation on how to do this.
In short, I need to know how to program the customer function to:
- share the newly created writer document to an email address (external to our organisation) and
- get the URL for the newly created writer document
All help is great appreciated.
Function #41: Sync Associated Subforms!
Welcome back everyone! The last custom function showed how to update a Contact with Product details from it's Related list in Deals. This week, let's look at a function that lets you update subform records in two modules simultaneously when one of them is updated. Business scenario Let's look at how subform helps in an education institution that has deployed Zoho CRM. National Public School, Austin (made up, of course!) has set up Zoho CRM and it follows the same relationship pattern of "Students",
Zoho SalesIQ Resources
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Orchestly Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.