Yes, you can customize your content for each social channel when you use the zShare browser extension on Zoho Social.
Customizing Text, Hashtags, and Mentions:
To customize the text content for a social channel, click on its social icon and make changes as per the guidelines for that social channel.
For example— You can compose a short text for Twitter (consisting of
280 characters) and a relatively longer text for LinkedIn or Facebook
(consisting more than 280 characters) in one go.
Using hashtags and mentions: You
can customize your tags, @mentions, and hashtags for each selected
social channel in the publishing window. To do this, simply click the
icon for the social channel, and make your edits inline, adding the
hashtags or mentions that you'd like to add. Zoho Social supports tags,
@mentions, and hashtags for Twitter profile, Facebook Page, and LinkedIn
To share text content from the webpage directly, follow these steps:
1. Select the desired line or passage and click on the zShare plugin from your browser to open the Publishing window.
2. The text you have selected will appear on your New Post box.
3. To select another text, minimize your Publishing window by clicking
4. Once you have selected the text from the webpage, it will be pasted on your Publishing window.
5. You can choose to customize the post for each social channel.
6. Review your post, and then click Post Now or Schedule your post.
Customizing Image Publishing
posting images in posts that you create via zShare, you can choose to
share different images on each social channel. To do this, click on a
selected channel in the publishing window, and select the images you'd
like to post to this social channel from the 'Suggested images' section
of your publishing window.
Please note that multiple images can be added to Facebook Page, Twitter Profile, and Instagram Profile.
You cannot attach more than one image on LinkedIn due to its API restrictions.
To share images from the webpage directly, follow these steps:
1. Hover your pointer on the image you want to post.
2. Click on the zShare plugin button that appears below the image.
3. This image will directly appear on your New Post box.
4. To post another image, minimize your Publishing window by clicking
5. Hover your pointer on the image and click the zShare button
6. The image will be uploaded directly on your Publishing window
7. You can choose to select different images from the Suggested Images to post to each social channel.
8. Review your post, and then click Post Now or Schedule your post.
images from the same page will also appear at the bottom of your
publishing window as 'Suggested Images' for you to choose from. Multiple
images can be added to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. However, you
cannot attach more than one image on LinkedIn due to it's API
Customizing Links Previews
previews are automatically generated when you type/paste a link in the
compose screen. These reflect how your audience would view your post if
you share the same link natively from the social channel.
Facebook Link Preview
Dec 18, 2017 Facebook removed the ability to customize link
attachments. That means, a thumbnail will be automatically set for the
link, which you cannot edit. To customize the thumbnail image for links
before you publish them to your Facebook page, you'll first have to verify your domain on Facebook.
Twitter Link Preview
to Twitter's API restrictions, Zoho Social doesn't show thumbnail
previews for Twitter in the Publishing window. However, your published
post will have a thumbnail preview automatically generated from the
LinkedIn Link Preview
the link you add to the Publishing window has multiple images, you can
navigate and select a different thumbnail image by clicking the arrows
on the link preview.
Link Previews are not generated for Instagram and Google My Business.
We'd love to hear from you! To share your feedback with us Click
on the top bar of your zShare Publishing window and type away— this is
will really help us understand and improve your experience on zShare!
You can also drop in a mail to email@example.com
or tweet to @ZohoSocial