Create a new mail merge document in Writer for an entry in a Zoho CRM module
Zoho Flow provides a platform to create workflows that connect cloud apps to automate business actions. Your apps will share data and perform actions automatically.
In this section, you will learn how to connect Zoho CRM and Zoho Writer and set a workflow to create mail merge documents in Writer automatically.
Apps involved in this flow are:
You can use this flow to automatically create a new mail merge document in Writer whenever there is an entry in Zoho CRM module.
Let's see the steps in detail:
- Go to https://flow.zoho.com and click Create Flow.
- Enter a name for your flow and click Create.
- Now choose what should trigger the flow. In this case, choose to Configure from App. This triggers an action whenever an event occurs in an app (For example, Zoho CRM).
- In the App Trigger panel, search for Zoho CRM app and click Next.
- Choose New module entry as your Zoho CRM trigger and click Next. This triggers a new action whenever an entry is created in the selected module.
- In the New Connection panel, enter a Connection Name and choose All triggers and Actions. This will make the connection to execute all triggers and actions that happen in the selected module. Now click Authorize.
- You will now be redirected to the Zoho Accounts window. Click Accept to allow Zoho Flow to access the required information from your Zoho CRM account.
- Select your required Module from the drop-down (For example, if you want a trigger to happen whenever there is a new entry in the "Leads" module, then select "Leads" from the drop-down). Click Done.
- You need to configure an action for the created trigger. Search for Writer from the Apps panel. Choose Create mail merge document as the trigger and drag and drop in the Flow window.
- Connect and Authorize your Writer account. Now the list of merged documents will be displayed. Select the required merged document (that is already created in your Writer account) in which you want the records to be added. Once you choose the merge document, you will see the list of fields available in that document. Now, map the respective CRM fields - place the cursor in the text box of each field to map their respective variable in CRM from the right menu.
- Click Done. The flow between Zoho CRM and Writer is now created. Whenever there is an entry created in the selected module, the data will be automatically added to the merge document that you have created.