3 Simple Strategies to Draft a Compelling Elevator Pitch

3 Simple Strategies to Draft a Compelling Elevator Pitch

As a sales executive, you only have 30 seconds to capture your customer's attention and convince them to purchase your product.  With a good elevator pitch, you can persuade your buyers and convey your message concisely in 30 seconds. 

An elevator pitch is a brief speech or introduction about what your company does, how it solves the buyer's problem and why the buyer should consider your solution.

To draft a powerful and compelling elevator pitch, here are three simple strategies that make it more appealing and attention-grabbing.

Start with a question

Asking relevant questions or addressing their pain points resonates well with your audience. Following that with your introduction captures the buyer's interest.

Pitching without a question: Hello! I'm XYZ from ABC company providing a  world-class CRM solution.

Pitching with a question: Are you still using spreadsheets to manage your contacts? I'm XYZ from ABC company providing a world-class CRM solution.

State your USP

Mentioning your unique selling proportion (USP) sets you apart from your competitors. 

Pitching without USP: Our CRM has contact management, deal management, and email management. (When mentioning your USP, don't tell the features instead explain the benefits)

Pitching with USP: Our robust, yet affordably priced CRM is compatible with any industry and is easy to customize that even a novice  without a technical background can start exploring.

Include Statistics

Adding statistics or citing  notable customer brands as references, builds credibility. If you are new in the business scene and don't have any prominent customers yet, mentioning a survey lends some credibility.

Pitching without stats: Our CRM is the best CRM and everyone loves it.

Pitching with stats: More than 60+ million users trust our CRM to manage their entire business. 

Now we will group the above examples to see the difference between embracing and implementing the three strategies.

I'm XYZ from ABC company providing world-class CRM solution. Our CRM has contact management, deal management, and email management. Our CRM is the best CRM and everyone loves it. Would you like to start your free trail?

Are you still using spreadsheets to manage your contacts? I'm XYZ from ABC company providing  world-class CRM solution. Our robust, yet affordably priced CRM is compatible with any industry and is easy to customize that even a novice  without a technical background can start exploring. More than 60+ million users trust our CRM to manage their entire business. Would you like to start your free trail?

Following this three-pronged strategy helps highlight the value of your brand and product and catches your buyer's interest. 

Here are some tips that come handy to improve the overall deliverability of your elevator pitch:
  • Practise, practise, practise until you perfect it. Because, no matter how great your product is, without articulating the value with a sound elevator pitch, it's a tough sell.
  • When you practise enough, the flow will be exceptional. It boosts your confidence. Lack of preparation leads to nervousness and results in higher chances of fumbling. 
  • While ending the pitch, offer something as a takeaway. If it is a call, trigger an email. If it is an on-site visit, give your business cards or brochure for more information.
  • Don't make it a monologue. Try to make it conversational. If the user is not responding, fill-in the gap and keep moving. 
  • Don't ramble. Your buyers will lose interest as it is more about your company than addressing their problems.
Now, tell us what your elevator pitch looks like! Share them as comments to this post. 

Zoho Desk Resources

• Desk Community Learning Series

• Digest

• Functions

• Meetups

• Kbase

• Resources

• Glossary

• Desk Marketplace

• MVP Corner

• Word of the Day

Zoho Marketing Automation
                                        • Sticky Posts

• As Sales Person, Here are my New Year Resolutions. What are Yours?

Being a salesperson, I keep learning from my mistakes and have noted a few changes that I need to make in my approach. I take these resolutions going into 2021, hoping to keep it going for as long as possible :) 1. I will not say "Yes, our product has
                                        • Once Upon a Sales Meeting!

It was an awkward silence in the meeting room "Uproar." John Kowalski, the new sales manager, was not happy with the team's performance. After scribbling something in the notepad, he decided to break the silence, John: I cannot believe you guys have been working like this. No reports, delusional forecasting, random targets, and no eye on the ball. Kevin: We followed Richard's orders. John: Well, Richard is not here anymore, is he? John walked up to the whiteboard, and wrote in big bold letters: "TARGET

Manage your brands on social media

Zoho TeamInbox Resources

Zoho DataPrep Resources

Zoho CRM Plus Resources

Zoho Books Resources

Zoho Subscriptions Resources

Zoho Projects Resources

Zoho Sprints Resources

Qntrl Resources

Zoho Creator Resources

Zoho WorkDrive Resources

Zoho Campaigns Resources

Zoho CRM Resources

• CRM Community Learning Series

CRM Community Learning Series

• Tips

Tips

• Functions

Functions

• Meetups

Meetups

• Kbase

Kbase

• Resources

Resources

• Digest

Digest

• CRM Marketplace

CRM Marketplace

• MVP Corner

MVP Corner

Design. Discuss. Deliver.

Create visually engaging stories with Zoho Show.

Get Started Now