Email marketing tips for beginners: Get maximum engagement from your email campaigns
Email continues to remain the most popular, and the most cost effective marketing channels. Whether you are a start-up or a growing business, email marketing can give you maximum ROI for your efforts.
The secret, however, lies in getting all the elements of a campaign right. Here are a few quick tips that can help you come closer to the engagement that you are looking for:
- Keep email lists small. Use segmentation to filter your contacts based on the information that you have about them. If your list exceeds 3000 contacts, check if you can break it down further.
- Keep your email copy simple and its tone, very casual - like you’re writing to someone you know very well. This will improve engagement rates.
- Keep subject lines personal. The length of your subject line can toggle between 21-30 characters. This way they become readable in mobile devices too.
- Use a preheader to support your subject line. This captures your audience's attention better.
- Respect your audience’s privacy and make it easy for them to unsubscribe from your email lists. It is alright if a few people do not want to hear from you. Your engagement rates would become better.
- Clean your email lists every six months and remove any inactive contacts.
- When you are just getting started, do not send too many emails too frequently. Four emails per month per contact is a good start. Once you understand your audience better, you can arrive at the best frequency that works with them.
- Use A/B testing to find the best solution for your audience. Some basic parameters that you can test are - subject lines, calls-to-action (CTAs), send time and email content (including the number of links and images used).
In the present day digital revolution, where attention span is shrinking, the secret to successful email campaigns lie in constant evolution. This requires a complete study of your audience. Use reports wisely, and make sure to constantly improve (or change) every email campaign.
Senior Product Marketing Manager | Zoho
Inbound Marketing 101: The Foundational Blocks of Inbound Marketing Strategy
According to a behaviour survey, 68% of the buyers use sources such as blogs to evaluate the product even before considering it. Before buying a product, we do a lot of research to learn more about the product through communities, blogs, social media,
How Brands Reply to Poking Competitors
It was the year of 1975 when Pepsi decided to check the ground reality and make people realize that they like Pepsi more than Coca Cola. The famous campaign was called 'The Pepsi Challenge' and it was one-of-its-kind blind taste challenge. A representative
Marketing in a post COVID-19 world!
Consumers across countries are increasingly spending more time on a wide variety of digital activities, right from online grocery shopping, to video conferencing, to tele-medicine. There is a good chance that you performed one or more of the following activities during this lockdown, thanks to COVID 19: Cooked a meal Made a TikTok Video Signed up for a remote learning session Consulted a doctor online (or ordered medicines online) Shopped for groceries online A study by Hunter, a food and beverage
Marketing in a Post-GDPR World!
The purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is to compel marketers to be more thoughtful, transparent, and respectful of the data they collect and use. Realistically, that means marketers need to take a step back - to stop personalizing
10 simple e-commerce marketing tips to boost sales
Congratulations! You've finally set up that e-commerce store you've been thinking about for a long time. Hopefully it wasn't too difficult. Even if it was, the effort will be totally worth it when you start seeing some orders come through. Now that the store is live, let's take a look at some marketing tips you can apply for sales growth. 1. Avoid cart abandonment If you've ever shopped online, you might have added a product to the cart but then decided not to purchase it. This is known as cart abandonment.
Zoho SalesIQ Resources
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.