We're thrilled to introduce Call Transcription and Call Intelligence—new features under Zia. You can now get transcribed audio recordings of your phone conversations, and together with Zia's intelligent analysis, you can derive call-related details and customer information from them as well. Let's get into the details.
In today's business world, calls are a very efficient way to communicate with your clients, partners, vendors, and potential clients. With the help of the call transcription feature—currently powered by Google's API
—you can transcribe your recorded calls in the form of a conversational text document.
How to enable call transcription
Once you agree to the terms of service and provide the required permissions to access your data, you can get started with call transcription.
You can configure additional details for call transcription, such as:
- Maximum number of minutes to spend per month
- Which users to transcribe calls for
- Enable transcription for incoming or outgoing calls, or both
- Maximum duration of a call for which transcription should occur
Once configured, you'll be redirected to the Call Transcription tab, where you'll see all the configuration details, including the minutes spent and the minutes left for the month.
You can also toggle to enable or disable the call transcription feature.
What is the pricing for call transcription?
Call transcripts will be priced based on the amount of audio successfully processed, measured in increments rounded up to 30 seconds. For every 30 seconds of transcription, you'll be charged $0.012 (or $0.024 per minute). All call transcription spending will be charged along with your normal monthly billing cycle.
Zia can do more than just transcribe your conversations; with its intelligent analytical abilities, it can automatically retrieve information from calls as well.
Without requiring that you go through the entire transcript, Zia can automatically determine the call's overall tone by analyzing the sentiment, intention, and emotion. It will also provide a summary of the call in a line or two.
Currently, Zia for calls consists of the following features:
- Call sentiment
Zia's sentiment analysis categorizes the call activity as positive, negative, or neutral.
- Call intent
Zia analyzes call conversations and highlights the customer's intent.
- Call emotion
Zia monitors call conversations and highlights the emotions of the incoming and outgoing call activities. It can capture the following customer emotions: happiness, enthusiasm, discontentment, frustration, gratitude, trust, confusion, or neutral.
- Call summary
View a summary of Zia's detailed intelligence analysis for calls.
Where can I view Zia's call analyses?
You can view Zia's detailed analyses in the following places on your Zoho CRM:
- The closed activities section of the record details page
- In the call intelligence section on an individual call's detail page in the Calls module
Points to remember
- As prerequisites for enabling call transcription in your organization, you need to have access to a telephony provider and have call recording enabled in your organization.
- Call transcriptions will only be available for upcoming calls. Calls made or received prior to enabling the feature will not be transcribed.
- The Call Intelligence tab will only be available once call transcription is set up.
- The maximum number of minutes an organization can transcribe per month is limited to 18,000 minutes or 300 hours.
- Only the English language is supported.
- When an admin disables call intelligence, the data processing will stop, but fields will remain populated with previously processed data. For new records, the call intelligence field data will be empty.
That's all for these features. Learn more in our resources linked below. Let us know your feedback and suggestions.
P.S. These enhancements are currently available for all users in the US, EU, and IN DCs.