Consumers across countries are increasingly spending more time on a wide variety of digital activities, right from online grocery shopping, to video conferencing, to tele-medicine.
There is a good chance that you performed one or more of the following activities during this lockdown, thanks to COVID 19:
- Cooked a meal
- Made a TikTok Video
- Signed up for a remote learning session
- Consulted a doctor online (or ordered medicines online)
- Shopped for groceries online
A study by Hunter, a food and beverage marketing communications firm, noted that 54% of Americans are cooking more than they were before the pandemic, and 35% say they “enjoy cooking more now than ever.”
- TikTok usage is markedly increased in France and Spain
- Restaurant and store curbside pickup has dramatically increased in the US, UK, Spain, and Italy
- Remote learning has increased significantly in the US, France, Italy, and China
- Telemedicine has increased across nearly all countries surveyed
As per the report, 40% to 60% of consumers indicated that they intend to stick with this behavior going forward, depending on the category.
So here's the big question:
a) How are you adapting to the new consumer behaviour?
b) What is your sales and marketing strategy in the post Covid-19 world?