At Zoho Campaigns, our highest priority is making it easier for you to use our product to accomplish your business goals. With that in mind, we are updating three of our pivotal features: Topic, Contacts, and List Management.
These existing features have been tweaked to be more user-friendly and intuitive. They are exclusively designed to give the end-user the power to choose the kind of content they want to receive.
While these updates will be made available globally by September 21, 2021 for new users, existing users have time till September 30, 2022 to migrate to the new system.
Here are some of the key developments:
List and Contact Management
- When adding contacts, you will have to choose a subscription type for each contact: a marketing contact, a non-marketing contact, or an unsubscribed contact.
- When adding contacts, you can directly import them to the "All Contacts" database.
- It is now possible to associate multiple Topics to contacts on the same list. When a user sends an email campaign to a list, only those contacts who are subscribed to the same Topic as the one associated with the email campaign will receive the email. For example, the campaign "Webinar promotion" is assigned to the list "New signups." Now only those contacts associated to the topic "Webinars" from the mailing list "New signups" will receive the email.
Topics will be maintained at the organization level. This means when someone unsubscribes, the contact is removed from the organization.
- However, the "Manage preferences" link will be present in the confirmation page where subscribers will get to choose the Topics they are interested in.
- Enabling Topics for all their email campaigns is now mandatory. Also, Topics must be assigned to automated emails that are part of workflow journeys.
- Topics will no longer be associated with a list. Instead, they will be directly associated with contacts.
These updates will be made available globally by September 21, 2021. We will enforce this new topic management setup for all users that sign up after September 21, 2021.
For existing customers
- Existing customers do not have to worry as no manual adjustments will be required. The migration will be seamless and won't impact any previous setup that they might have had.
- An existing organization that doesn't have Topics enabled can enable it at any time until September 30, 2022. When enabled, we will enforce the new Topic Management system by creating a default Topic called "Marketing." Users can manage their organization's products and Topics as desired.
- Existing organizations that already use Topics can choose to migrate to the new Topic Management system anytime until September 30, 2022. Once enabled, this change cannot be reverted. We have put in place all the necessary implementations to make sure this transition is frictionless.
A user can choose to opt for the new Topic Management system with just the click of a button. Beyond September 30, 2022, we will automatically enable new Topic Management for all existing users. You can always reach out to email@example.com if you need assistance.
We strongly recommend you go through this page
and watch this video
to understand the updates in detail.
Tip of the week 03 - Sending emails in batches
Today's marketers not only want their email marketing to be efficient, but also smart. For an email campaign, you may think you have all the essential elements for lead conversion—a big mailing list, an attractive template design, and the most-engaging message content, but after hitting the ‘send’ button, you may not get the expected conversions. Wondering why? Here’s one of the major reasons. Many marketers miss out on sending the email campaign the right way. Did you know that you should not be
Tip of the week 21 - Let subscribers know about your company's terms.
Building a target audience might be right up your alley, but before that, have you taken some time to check if your subscribers are well-informed about your organization? While people subscribe to your newsletters, offers, or any deliverables, it's important for them to know what they're complying to, when they choose your brand. Telling your subscribers about how their data would be processed is an effective way of building a trustable relationship with them. By maintaining a transparent engagement
Instant Sync - Fetching Accounts Module Fields has been removed at the moment.
Hello all, Good day! This is an update regarding removal of a feature from CRM integration. Recently we identified that the option 'Fetch Accounts Fields' in the Instant sync was not working as expected so we're forced to remove it for any new syncs.
Tip of the week 04 - Know about your recipients' 'prime open time.'
In today's market, the importance of customer behavior is astounding, with a vast amount of research and resources going into finding how customers make decisions. The process of persuading your customers to open your email and click on your call-to-action becomes easy when you understand the psychology behind their behavioral traits. Time to turn into a psychologist! Let's get to the basics—you want your emails to resonate well with your recipients. So, what's the primary thing involved here? It's
Email Deliverability Tip #15: Run a holiday campaign
In the previous post, we learned techniques to craft a win-back campaign. Today we'll be focusing on best practices to run a holiday campaign. The holiday season is the most important season for a marketer. To get the best out of it, you must proactively plan your holiday campaigns and time them to perfection. Let's learn about the best practices to run a successful holiday campaign. Clean your mailing lists, authenticate your sender domain, and warm it up to achieve better email delivery. Send