Using a software can get cumbersome when you have to navigate through large amounts of inactive data to find what you are really looking for. To address this, Zoho Desk is introducing a new archiving policy that aims to reduce the clutter, and make important information available to you in a faster, easier and more efficient manner.
What is archiving?
To put it briefly, archiving is the process of moving data that is not actively used in day-to-day operations to a separate storage space where it is retained indefinitely. If the data is significant to the organization, it can be recovered at any time or else deleted, if deemed necessary.
Archiving in Zoho Desk
In the first cut, the auto-archiving feature will impact only the different module-specific views in Zoho Desk. Any view that remains unopened for a period of 60 days will be archived and stored under a separate folder called
. If you wish to restore a view, you could do so within 30 days of archiving it. You do not have to worry about losing any data because it is only the view that is being archived and not the data.
Key Points to Remember
- Applicable to all views under the Tickets, Tasks, Contacts, Accounts, Products, and Contracts modules. As of now, only custom views will be considered for archiving; Starred Views will not be considered for archiving.
- Any view that is not opened for 60 days will be automatically marked, archived, and moved to the Archived Views folder. After 30 days, the view will be subsequently deleted.
- Once deleted, a view will not be listed under Archived Views and cannot be found in the Recycle Bin. You can recreate the custom view, if required.
- You can restore a view within a buffer period of 30 days from the time of archiving. To find and restore an archived view, search within the Archived Views folder, and click the Unarchive option.
- You can edit archived views only after restoring or unarchiving the view.
- Users cannot manually archive views, as this is an auto-archiving feature.
We understand that this is a big change, but it is also one that will make your interface lighter and faster. The feature goes live by mid-March, so watch out for it! :)
Team Zoho Desk
Update: We are enabling the auto-archiving feature for Views from April 3rd week onwards. Views that have remained unused for a period of 60 days or more will be archived. If you need assistance at any point, please write to email@example.com.