Now, lets see all the features present inside the Conversation view:
- Canned replies - Use pre-defined texts to respond faster.
- Audio call - Connect with your visitor via voice.
- Screen share - Share your screen or request visitors to share their screen to improve your support process.
- Share articles - Provide quicker solutions to common issues by sharing resources from your portal.
- Voice recording - Avoid typing out long texts by sending out voice notes to visitors.
- Add attachments - Support visitors with rich media formats such as images, videos, pdf, etc., or sketch out our ideas and share them with Whiteboard.
Other chat actions:
In the operator chat window, click on the three dots on the top corner to reveal the all the other chat actions.
- Invite operators - Add more operators to your conversation for better assistance.
- Transfer chat - Transfer the chat to another operator with the right expertise or to the concerned department.
- Block IP address - Avoid spammers and harassers from initiating conversation again by blocking their IP address.
- Email chat transcript - Mail the chat transcript to the required person.
- Save as PDF - Export the chat as PDF for future reference.
- Print chat - Take a print out of the current chat.
How to access the My Chats view from other pages?
To access Chats from other pages, you will just have to click on the Chats tab in the panel on the left of your Zoho SalesIQ dashboard.
Here in the Chats window you engage with your customers in live chats, where you can also send those visitors files and links, transfer the chat to another agent, or if they are spamming or harassing you, even block the visitors IP address from starting new chats.
A Quick View About Your Visitors
While you chat you will also see a quick view of the Visitor’s Info, on the right side, which will give you easy access to your visitor’s e-mail address and the page they were visiting when they initiated the live chat. You can also see the visitor’s location—represented by small flag icon, their browser and operating system.
With this common information already at hand, you can tailor a customer’s support experience to their specifications, and move the support process along quicker by avoiding asking the customer about what browser and operating system they are using.
Features Inside the Chats View
You can click on the Notes icon, and see/add notes related to the visitor or the chat.
You can also view the list of recent chats in this section, click on any chat and view the entire transcript while you are in the middle of another conversation.
Ending a Chat
Once you have helped the customer, you can click End Session to end a live chat. If you are satisfied with the chat, and the customer has finished asking questions, you can click
If you aren’t sure if the customer is done asking questions or is even actively viewing the chat, you can choose to End Session by time (either 90, 60, 45, or 30 seconds). When you select one of these options, Zoho SalesIQ will begin to count that amount down, and if the visitor in the chat doesn’t respond before that time, the chat will automatically end. There is no reason to babysit dead chats that aren’t going anywhere.
The visitor will see a message and a countdown, prompting them to re-engage if they want to continue the chat, and if they start typing the countdown to close will end, and the session will continue.
When you have no active chats, you will not be able to navigate to the Chats window, and as such will not see a link to it on the chat list column.