We have tried to keep our announcements limited to just important updates during this time. But seeing as we have gotten several requests for an integration with Pinterest over a period of time, we wanted to make this announcement to speak directly to our community.
After receiving several requests for having Pinterest on the Zoho Social dashboard, we began early viability tests and began development work in early 2019 as the first set of efforts. After a couple of designs were in place, we initiated contact with Pinterest to secure a partnership to allow us to get the third-party API integration necessary to power our dashboard with their features. Here's a chronological record of our initiatives toward this.
- We first initiated these conversations with Pinterest Inc in June 2019. After an initial conversation, we did not hear from them until December 2019.
- The outreach in December 2019 concluded in Pinterest asking us to re-apply in March 2020.
- We initiated a parallel conversation in January 2020 with an alternative Pinterest resource to get the partnership process on the road for the entirety of Zoho, not limited to Zoho Social.
- While this too was in progress, the COVID-19 crisis hit and the whole process went on a hiatus once again.
- Recently, we picked the discussion back up in June 2020 and had another round of discussions with the partnership team are currently still awaiting a decision.
As the situation stands, development work for the integration is ready and we await Pinterest's response keenly—as it's a partnership that can not only boost our capabilities but also help our user community do much more on social media.
We'd also like to highlight that this delay in no way affects any of the other features we're planning to release for Zoho Social—this will include new social channel integrations, new functionalities, and feature enhancements. We're determined to give you a dashboard that'll help you get your work and business back on your feet stronger than ever and make up for the lost time.
While we regret not being able to deliver the Pinterest integration as yet, we will continue extend our efforts in all the necessary directions to make your Zoho Social experience better and keep you updated on any developments regarding this.