Today, (no) thanks to the internet, you can find an abundance of sales tax "advice," but there are very few places to find reliable, up-to-date information.
We're here to help you build your Sales and Use Tax fundamentals in just 60 minutes. Attend our live webinar on Demystifying US Sales and Use Tax, presented by Avalara on September 10th at 9am PDT, and learn how to master your tax challenges.
In this session, we'll sit down with Scott Peterson, Vice President of US Tax Policy and Government Relations at Avalara, as he explains the ins and outs of Sales and Use Tax in the United States.
- What the South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. ruling was and how it will impact your business
- What’s taxable and what’s not
- What economic nexus is and the activities that can trigger it
- How to calculate sales tax rates more accurately
Scott will also help you understand:
- What simple activities can create sales tax obligations in other states
- How to mitigate risk and even be risk-free by automating sales tax compliance
- When a business must collect exemption certificates
- New sales tax rules that determine if your business is compliant
This is an interactive webinar, so you'll have the chance to ask questions and get them answered by Scott and the Zoho team. This session also qualifies for 1 hour of CPE credit for CPAs.
About the speaker:
VP of U.S. Tax Policy and Government Relations, Avalara
Scott was the first executive director of the Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board. For seven years, he acted as the chief operating officer of an organization devoted to making sales tax simpler and more uniform for the benefit of businesses. Scott also spent 10 years as the Director of the South Dakota Sales Tax Division and 12 years providing research and legal writing for the South Dakota Legislature. He's now Avalara's go-to resource for all things related to tax policy.