Most Zoho Docs individual and org users (including Workplace and Zoho One users) have already migrated their data and users to Zoho WorkDrive in response to our previous post
For users who have not migrated yet, we have extended the EOL date to Feb 15, 2023. After this date, users will no longer be able to access their Docs accounts.
Migrate to WorkDrive now!
Important things to know:
- The migration tool has been enabled for all Docs users, both organizations and individuals, and they can perform the migration by themselves at any time.
- All visitors to the Docs website are now redirected to the WorkDrive website.
- We have disabled new Zoho Docs account sign-ups.
- Writer, Sheet, and Show files will be migrated to WorkDrive. After migration, any new files you create using these Editor services will be stored within WorkDrive.
New features and enhancements in WorkDrive based on Docs user requests
Check in or check out on files
The Check In or Check Out feature is available for all WorkDrive team plans. This feature allows users to lock or unlock a file so changes can be controlled.
Transfer ownership of files and folders in My Folders
A Team Admin can now transfer ownership of a file from one member's My Folders to themself or to another member. This will be useful when a team member is inactive or suspended.
User management for WorkDrive's free Essentials plan account
Once they have migrated to WorkDrive's free Essentials plan, Admins can suspend and add new users with their existing licenses migrated from Docs. To add new users or purchase licenses, you have to upgrade your WorkDrive account to one of the paid team plans.
Which plans support the migration from Docs to WorkDrive?
Migration will be supported for all plans of WorkDrive. This includes:
- Free, Standard, and Premium plans of Docs for both organizations and individuals
- Docs as part of the Zoho One bundle
- Docs as part of the Workplace bundle
Note: For Workplace users, the migration tool is available in Zoho Mail's Control Panel.
How are Docs plans mapped with WorkDrive plans?
- Docs Standard Plan = WorkDrive Team Plan
- Docs Premium Plan = WorkDrive Business Plan
- Docs Free Plan = WorkDrive Essentials Plan